The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Slow going build for the 97 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.:Back on Track:.

Wow, it's been quite awhile since I've posted. Been so busy with the toddler and money's been tight.

Since my last post, Toothless went to the shop and had the blower motor replaced, shorted wiring harness replaced, and a short in the tail lights replaced. And later had one of the coil packs replaced.

And I forgot all about the ignition switch. If anyone read this thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/crazy-starting-habits.451976/, you'll know what I'm talking about. But that got replaced too. Amazing how something so small could cause so many problems. Lol

Also I lost my license because I forgot my tags expired and couldn't afford the fine since I didn't have a job. I've since gotten a job and will be getting my license back shortly.

Toothless also blew the alternator before my license got suspended, so he was sitting around since September, but my wonderful husband just fixed that for me, so he's back in working order, though I can't drive him yet. :banghead:

But that should be explanation enough as to why I haven't been around. Next upgrade will be a nice big, beefy 3 to 4 inch exhaust. I'll add a picture to this post as soon as I can unbury the muffler from my husband's pile of old scrap radiators.

Last edited:
.:Change of Plans:.

So I've been discussing some different plans for Toothless lately and have come to a new set of Plans. Still sticking with as stock as possible, but with some upgrades.

1. The Apexi Megaphone Dunk exhaust is still going on, though now as part of a cat back system.

2. Front-mount intercooler. I think that speaks for itself. Lol

3. I'm going to switch out my T25 turbocharger for the 1g's 14b turbo and blow off valve.

The plans to rebuild the engine and transmission still stand, but timing will be conditioned upon testing.

And last but not least, Toothless will stay black. I mulled over the idea to do a Fast and Furious paint scheme, but in the end Toothless just wouldn't be Toothless if he was any other color. So the only paint decision left to make is whether to do metallic or gloss black. Some opinions here would be nice. Lol

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back