The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

SBR coil on plug (breaking up and no tach)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsMWookie

15+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Ok I ordered a 90 COP with the tach adapter crap from SBR it was like 439 $

I just finished rebuilding the motor (forged internals, cams, yada, yada yada)

Car is running good oil pressure and good engine temps.

Well Im rocking a 14b for break in and at .5bars it wants to hit like a wall. Not to mention I have no idea how I am supposed to set the CAS timing with COP since their is not wire to feed off of for a timing light? Im sure I can put old coil on and do it but just checking my bases first.

Does the tach adapter need to be grounded in order to work properly?

I am getting tach signal on DSM link just not at my dash. It was working fine before all of this.

Thanks in advance Joshua Dotson

You definitely need to get your base timing set correctly first. Always fix your known problems before trying to figure out another. I kept my coil and wires when I moved over to COP so that I could set base timing. There are other ways of doing it, but I prefer just swaping them, it only takes a couple minutes anyways.

I put a COP on buddies 91 the other day.It is working pretty good..at first we didn't have one of the plugs in the boot right and car was running terrible on three cylinders.But we fixed than and it pulls clean to redline and easily was running 17psi no problem.So not sure what you have wrong.I was not sure what to gap the plugs at either for COP so just set the BPR7ES at .026 to .028.
Yeah it might be a bit tricky to set timing for sure.keeping stock wires does make some sense.And once base is set you usually leave it alone.
I dont have a slowboy COP just an ebay homemade job..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back