The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Saying hello from FTW Texas

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexis Alpha

Probationary Member
Jun 30, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello everyone, my name is Alexis Alpha and I just recently bought a used 1999 GS-T Spyder with 101k miles for 3k.
I am new to car building with little to no knowledge of cars if I am being honest, But I would love to change that with the support of you guys ! My goal is to build a respectable fun car that I can daily... for now at least.

List of stuff I did since I bought the car (had ton of fun finally getting my hands dirty and doing it myself & youtube :) )
- Fixed door handles, (temp fix, put zip ties on some mechanism)
- changed all the lighting to LED
-valve gasket and spark pug seals (had a oil leak, Im missing spark plug cover and bolts so if you have one im willing to buy)
- replace break pads and rotors ( painted the calipers since they where off )
- coolant flush since it looked nasty to me

Problems:
- Loud knock on front left side of wheel when hits a bump. ( I know it has to do something with my suspension system but cant pin point)

other than that it runs great ! I look forward to talking with you guys and seeing some awesome builds !
P.S Excuse bad photo it was the only one I had on my laptop.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Welcome Alexis Alpha!! Is that your real last name?? If so, pretty cool imo. Any noise is hard to diagnose over the interwebs. If it's bad enough, sometimes you can make it happen by rocking that corner, pushing that fender up and down. Could be anything from a loose bolt to worn strut mount, worn sway bar bushing, etc. Check the top strut bolts too since they're right there. You'll have to look over each bolt and sometimes it'll leave evidence, silver flakes. Hope law enforcement wasn't there for you LOL. FYI its brake, not break:)

A bit of advice if you're new to wrenching, get familiar with a torque wrench.:thumb:

This is a way to check your wheel bearings for play but if it's bad enough you may be able to feel/see it. Jack that corner up, put your hands on 12 & 6 on the tire and move it back and forth. Then do the same at 9 & 3.

Last edited:
What part of Texas I’m working on finding a eclipse as we speak would be cool to have some other people with a dsm around.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back