The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Safe/Modest boost psi recomandation needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohlegend

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
Pemberville, Ohio
I will be putting my new E3 16G on early next week (and re-tune).
My question is what boost range is moderately safe to run on my setup.
Stock (rebuilt) 6 bolt bottom end
Stock head with port and polish.
Evo 3 intake manifold
PR FMIC
FR racing exhaust manifold
3 in exhaust.
Walbro 190 with Evo 560cc injectors
Using Ecuflash to tune

I was running 13 psi on my T25 - Would 18-20 psi be acceptable/possible/recommended?

Slowly up your boost while tuning and make sure you aren't getting any knock. You're going to be limited by the Walbro 190 and 560's, but as long as the tune is safe 18 should be fine. Everybody's car is different, so nobody can tell you yes for sure. It all depends on your tune.

Yes pump 93 for now.
I know its kind of vague... I'm trying to get a feel of what amount of boost I can run without causing damage to my internals or the turbo. My Goal is 300 hp. I guess I should be asking if I CAN boost to 18-20 with 560cc injectors and the 16G. Im going to start with the stock wastegate pressure, and when that is stable re-introduce my MBC. Once I get the turbo in I will be getting EvoScan for logging. Once that is stable, I plan on possibly switching to E85 and 800-1000cc injectors.

Did you use ARP head studs? If not you will be limited by head lift which comes in somewhere after 23 psi but before 27 based on who you ask. For injector sizing, try this. Set you boost, read you airflow and determine what your duty cycle will be.

Have fun! I just did the same swap, Hitting 20lbs in first is awesome!

20psi sounds reasonable. ARP'ing the head would have gone long ways to being able to hold that amount of lbs for longer. It's one of those "might as well since I'm already in there" kind of mods.

With ECUFlash you can read dutycycle live with EvoScan to determine your upper limit. Try to keep it under 90% duty cycle if possible. I run 650cc's at 23psi and have 0 issues but that's 100cc's more than your setup.

18-20 psi would be a pretty conservative place to be and making good power. The injectors will be right around 80-90% injector duty cycle though. Make sure your getting the most out of that 190 by havung it rewired. I would keep a close eye on knock .

Awesome responses guys thanks for all the help! I will be taking the head off to possibly have the valve seals replaced and to install my E3 intake manifold. I was thinking about installing ARP head studs, but no I'm convinced. Once I start tuning I will need some help making sense of the data and dialing it in to get the most out of my setup.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back