The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

safc2 settings with evo16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
I have a 95 Gsx Automatic, and just bought, Slowboy Fmic, 650 cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, safc2, wideband, and ipt upgraded tranny cooler. I was just wondering what some basic settings should be on the afc. I have the evo 16g turbo and plan on running around 19-22 psi. Just wondering what some basic afc settings should be also, does anyone have a map of the ecu where the wires for the afc will be soddered into. THanks

SpoolN said:
I have a 95 Gsx Automatic, and just bought, Slowboy Fmic, 650 cc injectors, walbro fuel pump, safc2, wideband, and ipt upgraded tranny cooler. I was just wondering what some basic settings should be on the afc. I have the evo 16g turbo and plan on running around 19-22 psi. Just wondering what some basic afc settings should be also, does anyone have a map of the ecu where the wires for the afc will be soddered into. THanks

http://www.ecanfix.com/~aclifford/tree/images/index/mods/superafc/afc.jpg

Tuning will be a little harder with 650cc's because an SAFC can't compensate very easily. With 550's it would be a breeze but with bigger injectors you might wanna look at having someone do it professionally. Otherwise I wouldn't touch the AFC until you get a datalogger to watch what you are changing to make sure you getting it right.

-Stroked- said:
Tuning will be a little harder with 650cc's because an SAFC can't compensate very easily. With 550's it would be a breeze but with bigger injectors you might wanna look at having someone do it professionally. Otherwise I wouldn't touch the AFC until you get a datalogger to watch what you are changing to make sure you getting it right.

Will 550s give me enough fuel to run the boost i want to run? if so i will switch to 550s
and does anyone have basic settings for 550s on this turbo

what size injectors should he get 650s or 550s, i know stock are only 450s but i dont know what fuel pressure that is at, and we wont have anything to control fuel pressure yet, we wont be getting RC injectors, we will be using the ones included in the slowboy fuel kit

we will be tuning with a wideband and an obd2 datalogger to monitor timing

edit: im familiar w/ tuning the afc as i have one on my srt4
we just need basic starting settings, pressure, in/out, etc

550's will be enough for 19psi but you might start getting knock around 22psi. I would keep it at 19 for now and see how it comes out. I would set fuel pressure at the stock rating of 43psi and go from there.

-Stroked- said:
550's will be enough for 19psi but you might start getting knock around 22psi. I would keep it at 19 for now and see how it comes out. I would set fuel pressure at the stock rating of 43psi and go from there.

well the fuel pressure is gonna stay at stock b/c we dont have an adjustable fpr at this point, we will probably run around 20psi keeping the a/fs in the mid 11's

what do most people run for timing, that is one thing im not familiiar with, in my car making 400whp/400wtq and higher, my timing is around 22-24, what numbers would be too high in my friends car so we can monitor it and make sure we dont get knock or detonation

so are we going to be running out of fuel w/ 550s? should we stay with 550s or go to 650s? how hard will it be to have a smooth idle with 650s at stock fuel pressure?

its weird b/c im running rc750s on my srt4 with the fuel pressure turned down to 40psi (from 58psi) and my car idles perfectly with just an afc

bump anyone need to know for tomorrow so i can change the order

bump it up guys, im thinking 650s just so we dont run out on this turbo (evo3 16g) if we wanna push the boost a little higher to 22ish

im not trying to be a jerk but why cant we bump it, no one has actually answered our question of 550s v. 650s...we have the safc2 settings from those threads above, but our question of which injectors has kinda been lost

oldman said:
Please don't bump your thread again. Thank you.

Can you help us with which ones to run? We dont want to run out of fuel if we run a higher boost setting, but then again we dont want to deal with really rough idles etc. Will 550s give us enough, or are we going to have problems when trying to run a higher boost setting? Are the SBR 650s rough idling injectors with just an afc

jeffb006 said:
im not trying to be a jerk but why cant we bump it, no one has actually answered our question of 550s v. 650s...we have the safc2 settings from those threads above, but our question of which injectors has kinda been lost

forum rules said:
Forum Etiquette
Use good forum etiquette as much as possible - especially in our Tech Forums.
When posting in the forums:

Be friendly and helpful at all times. No elitist or negative attitudes.
Use the Spell Check feature and proper grammar. Don't be lazy, type out the whole word and use capitalization. No web-speak!
Fill in your profile completely, including your Name, City, State and vehicle info.
Do not post info found in our forums on other website forums.
Avoid using vulgarities, or at least keep them to a minimum.
Respect our Signature Policy and Gallery Rules.
No bumping threads (replying to your thread for the sole purpose of moving it to the top of the forum for more exposure). If your question doesn't get answered, it's either because you didn't provide enough info, your profile isn't filled in, or you asked a question that was already answered in our FAQ forum.
When linking to images that are not hosted here on DSMtuners (like ImageStation for example), if they are larger than 700 pixels wide, please just post a link to it. Do not use the BB IMG code to make it display inline, use the BB URL code instead. Why you ask? Page load times and display reasons. Large images cause slow load times and cause the page to be displayed funny for most people. If the moderators come across large images, they will likely replace them with a hyperlink for faster page loads and better page displays. Attachment uploads (which are hosted on our server) are limited to 700 pixels.

jeffb006 said:
Can you help us with which ones to run? We dont want to run out of fuel if we run a higher boost setting, but then again we dont want to deal with really rough idles etc. Will 550s give us enough, or are we going to have problems when trying to run a higher boost setting?
650s for EVO3.

Are the SBR 650s rough idling injectors with just an afc
Nothing to do with the brand of injectors, it's all in the tuning, rough idle = bad tune or other issues. I strongly suggest not going by links provided, you need a logging device before you start tuning because every car is different.

oldman said:
650s for EVO3.

Nothing to do with the brand of injectors, it's all in the tuning, rough idle = bad tune or other issues. I strongly suggest not going by links provided, you need a logging device before you start tuning because every car is different.
what do you mean?

pooya said:
what do you mean?
He's looking for baseline safc settings for either 550s and 650s, I'm suggesting that every car is different and he should tune this car with a logger instead of someone else's settings. I wasn't refering to your links of safc installation instructions.

Thanks oldman looks like we are gonna stick with the 650's. I', going to be running a wideband, adn my friend has a datalogger so we will also be using that when we are tuning. Thanks for the help and sorry for bumping.

I would vote 650's as well. It's possible to run with 550's, but they will be close to maxxed out if they aren't. Also, you should correct your fuel issue by putting on an AFPR, otherwise it's going to make tuning (using those stock maps) impossible. I noticed that stock pressure was stated at 46+ above, is this true? I know a 1g is like 36...

What fuel pressure regulator do you guys reccomend. Also i was thinking about running a 02 dump on my car. Just wondering what you all suggest and what do u do with the flapper, Weld it shut or take it off dont recall.

jepherz said:
I noticed that stock pressure was stated at 46+ above, is this true? I know a 1g is like 36...
2G => 43.5psi
1G => 37.5psi

SpoolN said:
What fuel pressure regulator do you guys reccomend.
Anything listed here except for the B&M Command Flo :barf:, most commonly used and proven is the Aeromotive unit but will require an install line and fitting kit.

SpoolN said:
Also i was thinking about running a 02 dump on my car. Just wondering what you all suggest and what do u do with the flapper, Weld it shut or take it off dont recall.
O2 dump :barf: is different from an external wastegate setup, O2 dump works with internal wastegate so no welding of flappers here.

Get 650's for sure. If you want to make tuning easier, look into getting a chip for your ECU, assuming you have a EPROM ecu. A lot of 95's have EPROM's, so I would check for that first.
Then if you have one, go here http://www.dsmchips.com/ or here http://www.tmo.com/ and look at chip options. Of course you will also need to have your ECU socketed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back