The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Running MHI Big16g with 660cc injectors but stock fuel pump ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2002
Bay Area, California
I don't have any kind of boost controller so I'm just running wastegate pressure, which is like 9-10lbs.

I have denso 660cc injectors installed, but stock fuel pump. I would like to get an MBC to turn up the boost. Is this safe.

I have an EVO 8 fuel pump I'll be installing in the future, but for the time being I'd like to turn up the boost a bit.

This is not the car in my profile, but another 2g.

I know the stock fuel system will support 16 P.S.I. Im not sure if the stock pump can handle that.

:confused:WTF

Isn't the stock pump a part of the "stock fuel system"?

Is your stock pump rewired Red? Why not just install the Evo 8 since you have it already?

My stock pump is not rewired, yea the obvious answer to my question is to just install the pump I already have. LOL

I'm just waiting on a few other things before I do, and there wasn't a thread about a situation like mine, always the opposite (bigger fuel pump but stock injectors).

so you're running ok with the 660's without any issues and without at least an safc? throw the evo8 pump on already LOL seriously the evo9 fuel pumps are better than the 8, ive seen evo8 pumps not supply enough fuel in slightly modded evo8's

From what I have read the stock fuel pump is the weak link more so than the stock fuel injectors. In other words, if you could only upgrade one or the other you would be better off upgrading the pump. I would be hesitant to do it, but if you have a logger you can try it out while keeping a close eye on pulled timing (knock).

The answer is no, the stock fuel pump can not keep up with the boost you will want to run. Just think of it as having stock injectors. I would say 14psi max. But you can always test it. You have dsmlink so just keep checking your logs.

fatherbubble said:
You dont need to rewire the fuel pump. Your not going to make enough hp to have to do that.

It's always a great idea. No reason not to do so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back