The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Room Fuse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_Zak

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2006
Everett, Washington
Couple of issues going on here and I thought about getting some help from here, but after searching on this there is not a whole lot of advice, or resolves out there.

So my attempt is to make a thread to help those poor "room fuse" guys like myself figure out the best way to get a short handled.

So as the story goes, I have my radio hooked up properly, as in a radio harness, I did not cut off the factory plug. My gauges are getting power from the radio, for example: acc, constant power. The power they get for backlighting is all hooked up through the dimmer on the dash to work with the factory dimming.

I have the ancient old Defi D series Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure, and AEM UEGO hooked up.

Before I had just boost, egt, and wideband gauge hooked up, working, etc. Then I finally broke down and installed the oil pressure gauge. In the meantime of doing this I told myself I would spend another few hours trying to resolve this "Room fuse" short that Ive had for some time. The radio, power door locks, and overhead/footwell lighting does not work, however all the gauges and gauge lighting does including the aftermarket gauges. Shortly after installing the oil pressure gauge, messing around with a few radio wires here and there witht he front end of the car in the air, no find on an open or exposed wire, I said hell with it, lets try and put a fuse in the room fuse spot and see if it blows, it did not. So now I'm stoked to have no short anymore, the oil pressure gauge is working properly, now onto tieing other small loose end on the car and putting everything back together.

After everything is put back together I noticed it blew again, damn. Threw another fuse in and its back on. Shut the drivers door, and "pop" goes the fuse again. WTF!? At this point I gave up, all the gauges were working, except the oil pressure gauge I just installed 30 minutes prior. Drove the car around, made a few pulls, and noticed the AEM UEGO went out, and is not working along with the oil pressure gauge!? I'm at my whits end with this whole room fuse and I need some good expert advice as to what to do next. My next thing I though of was maybe 4 gauges all getting power from the same source is overloading the circuit causing the fuse to blow? but why were the three working, I installed another to make a total of 4 working, and now two arent, but boost and egt are? Again, all 4 of these are on the same power source from the radio. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

anyone?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back