98gstJames
Proven Member
- 225
- 43
- May 25, 2022
-
WInchester,
Virginia
So my old fuel pump went out and would cause my engine to sputter and act all sorts of wack when I was trying to drive. It already had a Walbro 255 pump in it and so I replaced it with a new Walbro 255 pump.
My car doesn’t sputter or anything now but my AFRs were running super lean under acceleration. That was a bleed off issue from the o-ring on the pump not seating correctly into the hanger. Got that issue fixed and it no longer is lean.
It’s still a little off now though, at idle I’m sitting at about 12.8-13 on my wideband. I haven’t taken it on a drive yet to see what it’ll do but I’m just wondering what changed my AFRs if all I did was change the pump. Could the old pump have been on its way out and when it was tuned it needed to be turned up?
Also if needed I can post a log from ECMLink, TIA
My car doesn’t sputter or anything now but my AFRs were running super lean under acceleration. That was a bleed off issue from the o-ring on the pump not seating correctly into the hanger. Got that issue fixed and it no longer is lean.
It’s still a little off now though, at idle I’m sitting at about 12.8-13 on my wideband. I haven’t taken it on a drive yet to see what it’ll do but I’m just wondering what changed my AFRs if all I did was change the pump. Could the old pump have been on its way out and when it was tuned it needed to be turned up?
Also if needed I can post a log from ECMLink, TIA