The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] Wideband RPM Input, Need Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones420

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2008
Round Rock, Texas
Wideband in question, Zeitronix Zt-2 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Meter & Datalogging System.

Directions say to hook up to primary (low voltage) side of ignition coil, but i've heard of people connecting it to the ECU. I just want to know where I need to hook it up to get results, which ECU wire is it?? How do i tell which is the low voltage primary side of the coil, etc.

The primary winding in the coil is connected to the signal wires from the ECU, and the secondary winding is connected to the spark plug wires. The secondary winding obviously outputs a far greater voltage than the primary accepts.

I would recommend connecting it to the ECU's RPM signal wire going to the dash. It's a white wire that runs directly from the ECU, through the firewall, to the gauge cluster.

Well I know this is a month late and Paul already answered the question, but for future reference, here's a link to a write-up for installing the zeitronix wideband

Zeitronix Wideband Install

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back