The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

[RESOLVED] Know what this is? purge control valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gDSM4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
San Jose, California
My car wideband reading are not stable, no boost, and at random times it dies in 3 or 4 gear while under throttle. I done compression test and leak down test. They both check out fine. However, when I do a boost leak test I cannot get any air pressure. Somewhere there is a huge leak but I cannot find. All intercooler piping and boost controller vacuum lines are connected. This might be the cause but I have no idea why it is. When I found out under the battery rack 1 of the 4 openings was open.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is your purge control valve. Now the next question is are you running smog if no the very front and back lines on the T/B have to be capped. If yes follow the under hood hose diagram and hook them up accordanly :)

If I'm not mistaken it is under your battery. Here is a diagram for you.Hope this helps

And for the removal of the unnecessary ones, are listed below. From mild to wild. For the race version (last picture it is hard to keep running on cold starts)

I'm unsure if there is a difference in the 1G/2G uses but just keep that in mind. As I'm to lazy to do the research :D

EDIT: Only 3 lines seem to be used if you look at my first diagram. The 2G must use an extra line somewhere along the line.

Well, I missed that it was a 1g at first, but even after looking at the 1g user manual, it shows 4 lines. I believe the one that doesn't have a line attached but has an arrow coming out goes to the intake pipe.

Attachments

• cpnt003.jpg
    cpnt003.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 211
Very true! It's so much cleaner without it. But if your state requires inspection (as mine does), then you can't.

Luckily, I can apply for emissions exemption if I drive my car under 5k miles. My engine bay is so much cleaner now!

Same here, I have a huge box of $hit that I took out ROFL . I'm going to check out the Non-Cruise Control Throttle cable next.

No worries here in IN, you should see some of the stuff that is driven around.

Sometimes I think The Fast & The Furious was filmed and thought of here in the central part of IN. :cool:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back