The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

[RESOLVED] A/C refrigerant capacity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4stang6

Probationary Member
Jul 6, 2008
Quitman, Texas
i just purchased an a/c compressor and my car doesnt say on how much to put back in? as in how much kg/lbs .... It's a 99 Eclipse GST... If someone could tell me how much to put back in it would help alot !!!!

If it is 24-26 oz. then when I have put in a total of 24 oz and maybe lost some, why is my low side pressure 75lbs?

Is there a location where all the oil is accumulating every time its charged with refrigerant? If this is true, then would it get in the way of the refrigerant concerning volume and screw things up? Is there a way I can drain the oil?

Its already had the vaccum pulled, and charged back up...but still cooling like crap. cycling on and off blowing air that seems to be outside air temp (hot).

Your A/C compressor is cycling because the system is overcharged. Depending on the outside air temperature, the low-side pressure should be between 40 and 60 psi... Too high and the compressor doesn't work right.

I have made this mistake before. You can drain some of the refrigerant out of the low side... Of course there is a right [legal] way and a wrong way to do this.

I let some refrigerant out (into a tank) and the the AC supply temperature got worse.

I know 95 to 99 eclipse gst holds 26oz. but on the can of freon it said stop when the needle hits the green and not on the higher part of the green. so I did that and it was only one can of 12oz. so do I just keep adding till I get 26 oz in it? i just put this motor back in .

Did you evacuate (vacuum down) the system first? If not it may not hold more and if it did would risk blowing compressor seals. It doesn't sound like it was empty. Is it just barely cool?

For future use...:

Also it seems as though everyone is forgetting the Pag Oil.

Apparently, 2g Talons and Eclipses take different oils and amounts for the same compressor.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back