The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Rebuilt trans won’t go into gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spector5

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2011
holland, Michigan
So I transferred the good guts of one trans into the newer case..

The only thing I didn’t touch/change on the newer bought case was the valve body.

Put the w4a33 in the car. Filled with fluid and nothing. Put it in gear and the car does nothing. Doesn’t attempt to lurch or move.

Lifted the car and disconnected the t-case to eliminate that possibility. In nuetral, you can spin the front tires but are met with a lot of resistance.

Then when you select any gear either with the shift lever or manually on the trans. It’s the same, you can still physically move the tires but with great resistance.

Couple things that come to mind, I either over shimmed the center diff. Section, but then that doesn’t explain why it won’t go into gear and move.

Second, I assembled something internally wrong but after running it through my head I reassembled everything exactly how I took it apart.

Three, something in the valve body of the newer case that I never transplanted from the old trans....

Verified there is great fluid/line pressure and the pump is working as should. That was my first concern as that had been our biggest problem and reason for switching everything over to a different Case and pump

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back