The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Rebuilding 16G and have questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleTalonTim

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2007
Brighton, Tennessee
I just took apart my turbo to see what all damage has been done and what needs to be replaced. I know for sure I need a rebuild kit since my thrust collar is cracked and embedded into my thrust plate. As for the turbine wheel, I can see it has been in contact with the heat shield and it appears to have very small hair line cracks in between each blade. I don't know how much it could affect the turbo's performance or life span if I reuse it, of if it is still usable. The fins look just fine.

Here is one I have found, but I know nothing about this company : BAE Turbo Systems Inc. - TD05

Anyone heard of them or used this part before? Is my exhaust turbine still usable?

I am just worried I will get this thing rebuilt and the one thing I skipped will cause everything to give out on me yet again...

Attachments

• DSCF3425.jpg
    DSCF3425.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF3426.jpg
    DSCF3426.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 47
There's this, but it comes with a compressor wheel you can't use.

Genuine Mitsubishi TD05H Turbine 16g Compressor Wheels | eBay

I stock these turbines for customer rebuilds as supplies on OEM takeoff turbines are dwindling since the recent hike in OEM turbo pricing has led shops like FP and Blouch to designing/building an entire turbo themselves as a cheaper alternative to upgrading an OEM unit. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back