1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

rebuild with no Oil Seal MD739390

Posted by dwdsm, Sep 4, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. dwdsm

dwdsm Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2005
    Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania
    So Tim just informed me that this part is no longer made. Guys that are rebuilding their trans what are you doing in place of this? Mine is already destroyed from being picked out of there. Get creative with some RTV? I could fit it to an oiled seat and let it cure like that.. Dunno any transmission feedback would be great!

954  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    11.797 @ 118.450 · 2G DSM
  2. rEclipserGST

rEclipserGST Proven Member

Joined Nov 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    You are wanting a mitsubishi part? Or can it be aftermarket? I just did a quick search, and it showed mitsu and hyundai. So, I am assuming you have plenty options if that specific part number is discontinued.

Street Build 629  25

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    187 whp · 200 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. dwdsm

dwdsm Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2005
    Scenery Hill, Pennsylvania
    I found a few too and if you progress to order they all showed that it was out of stock. Although I only tried a few. Tim told me just dont use it and it's fine. I'll probably go with that then...

954  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    11.797 @ 118.450 · 2G DSM
  4. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    The little teeny seal in the end of the input shaft? I ran without that for 15 years

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Bo0sTeD 4G63

Bo0sTeD 4G63 Supporting Member

Joined Aug 31, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    You could try and give IPT a call. They are always helpful and I am sure he will be able to help you out.

Street Build 986  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  6. 3VOLUTIONIST

3VOLUTIONIST Probationary Member

Joined Sep 28, 2014
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    On my CD5A, the seal isn't even specified. Yet, on the Evo, it is.. I sourced one for my friends FTO because his parts diagrams specified one. No idea what its intended purpose is or why it matters, my old gearbox didnt have one, and I didnt fit one when I rebuilt my current gearbox. Haven't had any problems.