The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Quick Question About My CEL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex99gst

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Nashville, Tennessee
I searched and couldn't find anything related to my problem. Recently my car has been running great (minus leaky bov) and hasn't given me any trouble until a couple days ago when I was sitting in traffic in warmer summer weather now and all of a sudden out of nowhere the CEL comes on. After I start moving again it goes away and then will come back again while cruising. It only does this after it has heated up and then sits and idles, then it shows the CEL. I was wondering can I still go to autozone or wherever and get it checked out while the light is not on or if it has to be on for them to check it? Also if any of you guys have any insigt on what the problem is that would be appreciated. I have an aftermarket radiator fan on there, but I just noticed a while back that instead of pulling air, it pushes :rolleyes: but the car never overheats. Could this be the problem? I know, I'm going to switch it around this saturday.

Figured out today that also under cruise if I let off the gas and the vacuum goes to 20+ for a couple seconds it comes on, but as soon as I get on boost it goes away WTF

Well if your autozones are like mine, they only check 96 and up vehicles since anything before that has OBD I. Your problem might have to do with the fan, I'm not real sure about that though.

95TalonOwner said:
Well if your autozones are like mine, they only check 96 and up vehicles since anything before that has OBD I. Your problem might have to do with the fan, I'm not real sure about that though.

I'm going to flip it around today so its blowing the right way, but I'm still stumped on why it goes away as soon as it builds boost.:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back