The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Question about the g4cs stroker

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlacasse1

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2009
Scott AFB, Illinois
Ok. Here is what is confusing me. I keep reading where people are taking a complete g4cs short block, slapping on a 4g63 head and everything else from a 4g63, and then calling it a stroker. Now my question is, how is this a stroker. To me this is just a turbo DOHC g4cs not a stroker.

The reason I am say this is because a "stroker" is when the length of the stroke has been increase. In the above situation there has been no increase in the length of the stroke. I read that the g4cs has a taller deck and therefore it has a longer stroke. But it still isn't a stroker.

Putting a g4cs crankshaft (which I have read about people doing) into a 4g63 will create a stroker. It will because now a block with the shorter deck has a crank with a longer stroke.

Am I right. And if I am wrong will someone please tell me why. Sorry if the thread is confusing.

That is what i think. The only way to get a stroker is to get a 2.4 crank and put it in the 2.0 and replace pistons and rods right.

Also, will ant 6 bolt 2.4 crank swap into the 4g63 block?

I think they say stroker as a shorthand way of getting at the increased displacement, even though it technically isn't accurate because the stroke is still stock for that engine. Since the g4cs crank is what goes into 4g63 blocks to stroke them, it is kind of the same thing (the blocks are virtually identical except for a taller deck, slightly larger bore, and no oil jets). If anything, we should probably call stroking g4csifying <-- (I just made that up, can your tell?) Anyways, this is all just splitting hairs, in my opinion.

Also, will ant 6 bolt 2.4 crank swap into the 4g63 block?

g4cs cranks go into 6-bolts
4G64 cranks go into 7-bolts

Well i see how the G4cs crank will make a stroker when in the 4g63 block.

I also read that the g64b has the same crank. Is this true?

ANYONE? I know there are a few people who know the answers to these questions.

Not really answering your specific question because I don't know the details of that engine. In general they consider a stroker engine to be any engine that has a stroke that is longer than it's bore. I forget if there are any other specifics, but that is the general theory.

Yeah. That is what I think. So then that pretty much sums it up for me. The g4cs block and 4g63 head combo is not a stroker.

Anyway. does anyone know where to find a complete list of cranks that will fir the 4g63. i know the g4cs will and i think the g64b will. but i wanna know for sure

The 2.4L has a 6mm, I believe taller deck height so that is how it get's 2.4L as opposed to the crank in the shorter 2.0L block. That is why the wrist pin must be moved on the stroker motor. That and the crank has a 12mm longer throw. So the only way to make a 2.4L stroker is to create a 2.3L and bore it out to a 2.4L. Otherwise it's just a 2.4L no stroker about it.

Thanks. That is what i was thinking.

Now does anyone know what cranks will work.

Anything from a 4G64, G64B, or G4CS. Not sure the exact models they all came in.

Isn't the 4g64 a seven bolt though. and i was told the seven bolt cranks mains are a different size

(tomatoe/tomahtoe) The 2.4 is kind of a stroked version the the 2.0 so if you swap the block you increase displacement by bore size, and mostly the stroke. If there is a similar engine with more displacement and a lower red line chances are it is a stroked version giving it a horible rod to stroke ratio thus lowering the rpm limit causing the pistons to want to go through the cyl. walls.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back