1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Push-in clip help on front bumper

Posted by Ruie, Feb 17, 2012

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Ruie

Ruie Proven Member

Joined Nov 30, 2011
    Ames, Iowa
    I have tried to find a thread or a video and neither have worked. This is the dumbest question ever. I had an acura rsx before and the push-in clips were easy to pop off. Now i need to replace my front bumper and am going to remove the one off my car. The plastic clips in the wheel wells wont do anything. I tried pushing the middle in, pulling it out, screwing it, everything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

297  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  2. genegoesfast

genegoesfast Proven Member

Joined Dec 3, 2010
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Wedge the head of a smal flathead under the screw portion and pry upwards while unscrewing.

720  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  3. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    There is no video, just do the best you can.

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  4. Jeff90Z99GST2G

Jeff90Z99GST2G Probationary Member

Joined Jul 12, 2010
    Wichita, Kansas
    If you want to reuse the clips try using a flat head screwdriver and put tension on the outer part of the clip. When you are trying to unscrew the inner part of the clip don't push in very gently unscrew the screw head. If that dose not work you can always slide a pair of dykes under the head of the clip and cut it off but you have to get new ones. I would recommend going to your local body shop and ask them for some clips if they are nice and all about customer service they should give them to you for free.

167  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  5. estoyaqui30

estoyaqui30 Proven Member

Joined May 26, 2003
    Somerset, New Jersey
    They are not really meant to screw out. To remove them, turn with a screwdriver, but DON'T push in on the screwdriver. Once you get them to come out enough to get a small screwdriver under the head, then pry the screw out until the whole fastener will pull out. I just replaced my inner fender liners and they came with new ones. They are the same when new, to put them back, just put them back in and then push the screw in.

6. miguelmcv

miguelmcv Proven Member

Joined May 3, 2009
    Fresno, California
    There are some of them that you can see them from the other side (back of the clips), If you are able to see them, Just push the middle side with a small flat screw driver and they pop out.

Hope it helps.

Street Build 355  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

2K  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  7. Anubis_4_99

Anubis_4_99 Proven Member

Joined Feb 26, 2005
    omaha, Nebraska
    I always just cut them and buy new ones at the parts store. $3 is well worth not having to deal with the headache of getting some stupid clip to cooperate.

8. Black Widow97

Black Widow97 Proven Member

Joined Sep 2, 2010
    Oxbow, North Dakota
    Just break the three fingers on the backside of the clip and push the screw part out through the front.

2K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.943 @ 112.280 · 2G DSM