The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Push-in clip help on front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruie

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2011
Ames, Iowa
I have tried to find a thread or a video and neither have worked. This is the dumbest question ever. I had an acura rsx before and the push-in clips were easy to pop off. Now i need to replace my front bumper and am going to remove the one off my car. The plastic clips in the wheel wells wont do anything. I tried pushing the middle in, pulling it out, screwing it, everything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you want to reuse the clips try using a flat head screwdriver and put tension on the outer part of the clip. When you are trying to unscrew the inner part of the clip don't push in very gently unscrew the screw head. If that dose not work you can always slide a pair of dykes under the head of the clip and cut it off but you have to get new ones. I would recommend going to your local body shop and ask them for some clips if they are nice and all about customer service they should give them to you for free.

They are not really meant to screw out. To remove them, turn with a screwdriver, but DON'T push in on the screwdriver. Once you get them to come out enough to get a small screwdriver under the head, then pry the screw out until the whole fastener will pull out. I just replaced my inner fender liners and they came with new ones. They are the same when new, to put them back, just put them back in and then push the screw in.

I always just cut them and buy new ones at the parts store. $3 is well worth not having to deal with the headache of getting some stupid clip to cooperate.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back