1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Purchasing a DSM

Posted by 04STi, May 20, 2004

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. 04STi

04STi Probationary Member

Joined May 20, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I currently have a 2004 STi and I was looking to buy a car to "Hack around in". I am considering building a 1G DSM, and wanted to know what I should pay for one first off. I'd prefer to get one with AWD.

Secondly what upgrades/maintence should be done in order to get me in the low 12's high 11's? What should I expect to pay for all the parts/install in order to get those times.

2. 13secGST

13secGST Proven Member

Joined Dec 1, 2002
    San Luis Obispo, California
    you could find a 1g AWD CHEAP....check out dsmtrader.com or the classifieds here...

also for what you need for low 12's - 11's check out the tunning guide on this site...link at the top of the page.

if all you did was performance mods...I'm sure you could do it for 4000-5000 with the right parts, full 3", good turbo like 50 trim, fmic, fuel mods...those are your bigger costs...but after those kind of things if you do it right...you could see low 12's on race gas.

3. blcknspo0ln

blcknspo0ln DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 31, 2003
    Central, New Jersey
    12's is easily achievable with a 1g dsm AWD with less than 2000 dollars in mods

1K  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.030 @ 118.070 · 2G DSM
  4. HSK

HSK Proven Member

Joined Nov 21, 2003
    Orange County, California
    why not just drive around with the 04sti? :confused: