The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

PTE 6262SP Airflow Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnetwork

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 25, 2006
New Milford, New_Jersey
I am now running a bolton PTE 6262SP turbo. I did a few pulls for the first time tonight, didn't touch fuel or timing yet as I was just playing with boost. I see that the turbo doesn't really shine until 25+ psi. There is a considerable jump in airflow just from 23 to 25psi. I ended up running around 26psi. I was flowing around 46lbs, I wanted to know what kind of airflow others have seen with this turbo, I just want to know what I should be seeing. Also, how high are people able to boost on this turbo on 93 octane. So far 26psi doesn't seem to yield too much knock at all. I do plan on upping boost and running E85 after I get a good pump gas tune down.

The turbo is definately stronger than my 16g was at 26psi and spool is decent, I see full spool around 4600.

Is this the journal or ball bearing version? I'm looking into getting one of these myself, but in the journal bearing variety.

Can anyone provide some input on this. Just looking for xx lbs/min @ xx psi... along with basic setup and turbo config.

I am also using the 6262jb with the SP compressor cover with .82a/r hot side. I'm not spooling until 4800-4900rpm. What hot side are you using?

I'm not sure yet. I just put it on a few days ago and havent really tuned the car yet or anything. hopefully I can get something accomplished this weekend.

Give Mike at AWD Motorsports a call or email. He can help you out. Not being mean here, but why the bolt on housing and journal bearing configuration?

Give Mike at AWD Motorsports a call or email. He can help you out. Not being mean here, but why the bolt on housing and journal bearing configuration?

Journal - Cheaper and easier to rebuild. The spool it has is perfectly fine for me.

Bolt-on - I didn't feel like buying a new downpipe and manifold. My friend also had a bolt-on 5862sp (when they still offered that combo) and he trapped a 129.x. He did have a 6bolt tb and i/im and a little better motor, but still. He was making very good power at the same boost level.

I was wondering how you got full boost by 4600rpm, how does it do up top?
Do u have any dyno graphs?

To be clear you are seeing 26psi at 4600rpm? No one really says full spool.

I was wondering how you got full boost by 4600rpm, how does it do up top?
Do u have any dyno graphs?

To be clear you are seeing 26psi at 4600rpm? No one really says full spool.

Yes, I am. The lag isn't really bad at all.

Nice, it doesn't sound laggy at all, sound perfect to me, but how does it do uptop?

I would rock this exact turbo if i score it for a good price then convert to t3 when I build a motor.

So I take it no dyno sheets or logs?

Nice, it doesn't sound laggy at all, sound perfect to me, but how does it do uptop?

I would rock this exact turbo if i score it for a good price then convert to t3 when I build a motor.

So I take it no dyno sheets or logs?

Pulls well up top, but I think my throttle body and intake manifold are holding me back. I have another thread with that information on the DSMLink forums, logs and dyno.

I have a dual ceramic ball bearing 6262SP turbo in T3 0.82 A/R hot side. At 30psi a see around 60lb/min. In couple of weeks I will be dyno my car at different boost settings up to 40psi. Dyno numbers will give me a better idea about airflow. With speed density it can be tricky to get accurate airflow numbers, with MAF it would be more accurate. I m running on speed density. 30psi I see around 5k rpm.

PTE tech support claim this turbo is capable of flowing 70+lb/min. Also, this turbo is fully rebuildable meaning pte can replace parts within the center cartridge which should cost a lot less than replacing a Garrett center cartridge.

Can they rebuild the BB center section?

I'll look on the link forums, my name is the same on there if you could PM me a link.

Can they rebuild the BB center section?

I'll look on the link forums, my name is the same on there if you could PM me a link.

Info about PTE BB center section being fully rebuildable I learned over the phone with PTE tech support. Give PTE a call, they always answer phone calls and are very helpful.

My car will be on the dyno later this month with the 6262sp setup. Once i get a tune done on link with my sd setup she'll be on the dyno on the 25th. Ill post some numbers up then. Plan on running around 25psi.

^Good thinking.

Another thing to post would be durability, so time and miles on teh turbo and if it has been rebuilt.

Sadly it looks like reliability/durability issues still plague PTE.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back