The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Street Build Project 1g (NBA DSM)

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeesh I know this is due for an update, so let’s begin. I started by adding components back to the bay, my biggest task was redoing all my brake lines. After about 30 ft of Nicop tubing, I finally finished with something presentable. Next was mounting the Wilwood clutch master cylinder.

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6063.jpeg

Since I’m running a ball bearing unit, I decided to try out the turbosmart OPR unit with filter. It regulates turbo oil pressure to 40 psi. The next issue I tackled was fueling. The connections on my fuel hangar was crusty, so I replaced it with a radium engineering hardware. I wasn’t happy with the way my fuel pump relay was mounted, so I redid that also. Since E85 is the plan, I swapped out the fuel lab filter for a DWFF 110 filter unit.

IMG_6085.jpeg

IMG_6219.jpeg

IMG_6221.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

Last edited:
Jeesh I know this is due for an update, so let’s begin. I started by adding components back to the bay, my biggest task was redoing all my brake lines. After about 30 ft of Nicop tubing, I finally finished with something presentable. Next was mounting the Wilwood clutch master cylinder.

View attachment 719359

View attachment 719360
What prop valve is that?

Update: So trying to get a decent idle on this thing has been a nightmare. Constant idle surge, then all of a sudden low vacuum. I have done multiple boost leak tests, vacuum/ smoke test, had the S90 rebuilt, all throttle body sensors/ gaskets replaced etc. So upon a head inspection , I noticed the #4 exhaust valve was leaking excessive oil. Mind you I had this head built at the machine shop so I initially thought a valve seal got torn. Easy fix, carefully with the correct tools installed a new one, nope still leaking. I’m assuming the valve guide is cracked or the head itself is cracked causing leakage and a vacuum leak.
IMG_6518.jpeg
So, now I’m extremely pissed and about to push this thing over cliff , but I need to calculate my next move. In the corner I have my very low mileage 2.3 stroker, that I think just needs a head gasket. Hmmm decisions , get the cylinder head rebuilt or refresh the 2.3. I decided on the latter since I was curious on how the HTA 3076 will respond with the stroker. I tore the 2.3 down and did a thorough inspection on all the components( engine had less than 500 miles on it). I checked all surfaces with feeler gauges and a true straight edge, quick hone job, replaced all gaskets etc.

IMG_6477.jpeg
I had 6 hours to do the swap, and it absolutely sucked, but I got it done.

IMG_6484.jpeg
IMG_6485.jpeg
Mostly got everything reinstalled, but I was not happy with placement of the clutch line. I decided to take some measurements and get a custom one made by Helperformance. The product is made very well and I’m pleased to say the least.

IMG_6519.jpeg
IMG_6512.jpeg
IMG_6514.jpeg
IMG_6513.jpeg

Love how clean and meticulous you are about everything.

But a friend of mine had the HTA3076 on his G4CS and loved it. It came on about like a 16G w/ 8cm housing or a 20G ish range turbo, but would freight train all the way to redline. (G4CS w/ 156mm rods, he revved it out to 8000-8500ish) I loved how that car ran. Honestly if I wasn't terrified of breaking a 5-speed trans I would go that combo all day.

Love how clean and meticulous you are about everything.

But a friend of mine had the HTA3076 on his G4CS and loved it. It came on about like a 16G w/ 8cm housing or a 20G ish range turbo, but would freight train all the way to redline. (G4CS w/ 156mm rods, he revved it out to 8000-8500ish) I loved how that car ran. Honestly if I wasn't terrified of breaking a 5-speed trans I would go that combo all day.
Outstanding, I’m very excited to see how it feels.

She be soundin' good my man, she be soundin' good. By the way... how well does it brake with that Chase Bays BBD M/C?
Honestly it is not bad at all. Brake feel is firm but not excessive. This is one of those mods that I would do again along with the Wilwood clutch swap. FYI the clutch feels amazing , nice and firm and engagement is right on the money. I will say, you have to couple this with a pedal assembly rebuild kit.

I didn’t weld my assembly. What I did was get the pedal assembly bushings from Dsmachining, and a new oem clutch lever and rebuilt it that way.
Don’t see a build thread. Would love some photos/details on this. You could PM me if not a bother.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back