The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Problem bleeding brakes after putting in ss lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agarc023

Supporting VIP
May 14, 2009
Vista, California
We just installed new rotors, pads and lines on my spyder, but we have a problem with the bleeding of one line.

It's the rear driver side line that has the problem. The other three were done without a problem, but for some reason this last one keeps getting air in the line. We checked all the connections and the lines are brand new.

Anybody know what could be causing this? :banghead:

We just installed new rotors, pads and lines on my spyder, but we have a problem with the bleeding of one line.

It's the rear driver side line that has the problem. The other three were done without a problem, but for some reason this last one keeps getting air in the line. We checked all the connections and the lines are brand new.

Anybody know what could be causing this? :banghead:

Well for starters when you bleed brakes your post to start from the far corner from the master cylinder which would be the right rear then move to left rear go to right front to left front. If you have a way to a lift id gravity bleed you open all the bleeder valves & let fluid start coming out by itself from all four corners then rebleed again starting with the right rear than move to the driver rear

Junior is on point about the order that your supposed to bleed them. You could also try speed bleeders. I've had excellent luck with them.

Hey thanks for the reply's guys.

It actually turned out to be something stupid that was keeping the brakes from bleeding properly. The rubber piece on the reservoir's cap flipped inside out and was keeping the brake fluid from actually getting into the lines. We took out the rubber cap and the reservoir was bone dry :ohdamn:

We filled it with fluid and bled it the way you mentioned and the cars running (or should I say stopping) like a champ :rocks:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back