The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G pressure relief valve in fuel pump removal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colkernel83

Probationary Member
Apr 28, 2017
new london, North_Carolina
hey, guys, I'm having some trouble with the factory fuel pump have a relief valve on it.i cant even give the car half throttle without the check engine light coming on because of how bad it's knocking.I would love to drive this car for my first car but I don't want to hurt it either, any help on how to remove this valve would be nice. I have considered just upgrading the pump but my wallet says otherwise.I thought of adding a booster pump to it but from what I have heard it won't fix the issue without removing the relief valve

thanks, guys! _roger Ferguson

If I understand you, You think your having a problem with the pressure relief valve on the fuel pump. Have you measured the fuel pressure to verify?

Which type of 1G do you have?

I seem to remember a thread discussing modifying the stock relief valve for high boost operation but few people are running 30+ psi boost on a stock pump. :) It's more common for the o-ring seal in the pickup to leak but usually after a pump swap.

Are you running DSMLink with the CEL set to show knock? The Stock ECU doesn't and you would need to read the codes to see what's going on.

i am running dsm link on it right now i haven't upgraded yet but i haven't had a laptop to run with it but last time i did run a diagnostic on it, it didn't run any codes for it.i haven't checked on ho much the fuel pump is putting out but i do know that it works because i have driven the car.also its a 1gb 1992 talon tsi awd

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back