The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Pre T-case install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstclipse69

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2006
Columbia, South_Carolina
Hey guys, I just installed a new output shaft in the tranny and I have another transfercase I am about to install. First question is should I, or do any of you put any kind of lube or grease on the output shaft prior to installation?

Second question, the donor transfercase I have my hands on has some rust on the splines going in it. I sprayed it with wd-40 and scrubbed it with an old toothbrush to clean it up some. Would you guys do anything else to it? It looks a lot better but it still has a little bit of rust on it. Should I be concerned about this or not?
Thanks, Chris

I usually clean the rust off the shaft and out of the transfer case spines and put some copper anti seize on the shaft.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back