The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Possible Vacuum Leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magikdsm

Probationary Member
Aug 1, 2011
Melrose Park, Illinois
Hey guys, I have a 98Gst and well lately I've been experiencing some problems. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm on 2nd and I accelerate and then sink in the clutch, my revs obviously drop back to idle but at points the car completely dies on me. A couple of days ago the car would die at every stop sign/light. The next morning it turned on fine, idled fine and ran correctly. I was confused. Another thing that always happens, when the car is running hot, like at regular temp, If I sink in my clutch, the revs drop to about 500 mph but im not in gear nor letting off the clutch. The car begins to feel as if it is misfiring but if you let go of the clutch it jumps back up to about 1100 rpm then sinks back to idle at 900. I do not know much about vacuum leaks or what these symptoms represent. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and how did they fix it? Thanks guys.

Yes my Bov is recirculated, and oh man crankwalk x_x. Doesn't sound too good but thanks for the quick replies. I'll check the links out.

BTW sorry I forgot to explain I have a 1G engine in there, from a 92. Can crankwalk still take place?

6 bolt to be exact

Yes of course, but it is supposedly less likely.

It isn't supposedly less likely it is for a fact less likely than 7 bolts. There was a problem and Mitsubishi fixed it on later 7 bolt models.

However, EVERY motor has the chance to crank walk. The 7 bolts that weren't revised had a fairly low rate of crank walking anyway.

i highly believe you're not going to get crankwalk. First of all because possiblities to cankwalk for a 7 bolt are low, people just exagerate about it. Since you have a 6 bolt, it can still happen but the chances are slim to none...i would look for the problem elsewhere, have you checked your timing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back