The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Pocket logger and MMCD logging help. (first time)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlashBack-Cro

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Zagreb, Europe
I am new at logging.

I use Palm pocket logger with MMCD software. What is most important things to record in log? And what's normal values of this components?

I have stock 14b, stock fuel pump and injectors.
FMIC with 2.5'' piping, Dejon Intake, custom made 3'' exhaust pipe, cat delete.

Thank you, i hope that u understand me.

I am new at logging.

I use Palm pocket logger with MMCD software. What is most important things to record in log? And what's normal values of this components?

I have stock 14b, stock fuel pump and injectors.
FMIC with 2.5'' piping, Dejon Intake, custom made 3'' exhaust pipe, cat delete.

Thank you, i hope that u understand me.

Well air/fuel ratios, knock, and injector duty are the big things.

I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.

Thanks man... this is what i'm looking for.

I have one more question, i hope u can answer it.

I did log my drive on pocketlogger. Then i hotsync PDB file to my Pc.
When i want to open this PDB file with PlViewer it says:

''Error: Not a PocketLOGGER PDB file.
What i'm doing wrong?:confused:

I'm using Win7. I tried on another Pc with XP and it is the same.

Thanks

That's a Palm Database file. Here is what you can use to convert it to a readable file format like excel or csv.
PDB Converter is an application for Windows that helps you create and manage databases for PalmOS applications.

However, this application’s main function/feature is its ability to convert Excel files, CSV and text documents into PalmOS-compatible PDB files.
PDB Converter (Palm OS) - Download

Once you have the .CSV file you can use Excel to plot the data items recorded. If you do not have Excel you can go to OpenOffice.org and get the open office tool suite. The Open Office Calc tool can also plot the .CSV data logs.

There are probably other tools that will also work. I have been using Excel to plot as I am just starting to figure out how to use the MMCD tools myself.

Thanks FlashBack-Cro for asking the question and I hope this helps.

You also wanna watch you low,mid,and high fuel trims. anything under 100% is rich and anything above 100% is lean. you low is gonna bounce all over but try to get your mid and high with 5% of 100 and you should be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can save a lot of trouble converting files hot syncing and all that or worring about lossing your files if the palm doesn't have a SD card by just running a palm emulator(been meaning to get some things up for doing that as a lot of people have trouble setting it up) on a PC there are a few other options like EVOscan or Tuner Pro RT... .

See Here if you are interested in some of those...

Most of the logging cable stuff is in there to get the same cable you have to work with a PC and if you need to run a DB9 to USB adapter you can either make a cable cheaper or pick up a cheaper one no need in most cases for the expensive Key-span adapter people used for DSMlink... .

didn't get a look at the log...
But because of the logging rates... . I normal suggest logging just key Items and just adding your LTFT's at the beginning of a log then taking them out and adding them again at the end... a long with some of the other items that don't update as often

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back