The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

PICS: StreetThisTuning 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust & Random Engine Build Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreetThisDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 29, 2004
Barberton, Ohio
I am bored so I figured I'd share some pics of some of the products I have been working on. Can't wait to get this car up and running. Its gonna be a fun one ;)

Enjoy!!!

3" mandrel bent catback exhaust:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

3" mandrel downpipe w/ ss flex pipe and catalytic convertor eliminator:

Full system on the car:

Some pics of my head work...

Exhaust Ports:

Intake Ports:

And a sweet pic of my block all ready to roll:

:cool: Awesome, I really like that exhaust! Good pictures also by the way. What kind of grinder did you use on the intake side? I got myself a die grinder from Sears awhile back. Its really nice, but now that I think about it I wish I would have got another one. The time I used it doesn't exactly pay for itself yet OMG

...Then again, I do have a nice JDM ported 14b turbine housing to show for it! :thumb: But I do really like that exhaust though. Looks clean with no muffler.

I bet thats goin to be really loud. It looks awsome man! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Looks good. Good thing you aren't going to try to pass the sniffer out there in Ohio. Point, Michigan. :thumb:

Those are some pretty small intake ports. And some really large exhaust ports... JK You labeled your pics wrong. :p Nice work BTW. :thumb:

Finally some one building an exhaust that works! Some of us don't like mufflers and you've noticed that. You say you're working on that exhaust, so you're going to sell it? Price?

then just cut it off LOL. Im not sure why people dont like a muffler, not much restriction in a straight through muffler, especially that far down in the exhaust. But anyways, looks good.

Their useless. Atleast in my area. I drive to work every day at 4:30 am and never get a single look from any cops with my exhaust.

I just don't see a point in paying for something you don't want. Especially when that part is about 35% of the total exhaust price from other vendors. On a side not I paid 100$ for my 2 1/2" exhaust :shhh:

Just my 2cents;

I REALLY hated my custom exhaust when I had no muffler and no cat. It is a full 3" from the turbo back with a 3" tube o2 w/dump. The exhaust was so loud, that I couldnt even hear when I was dumping and when I wasnt. I didnt get hassled by any law enforcement, but it just sounded like backside. I put on a 3" catco cat (ebay ~$40) and a Flowmaster 40 series (ebay ~$50) and now LOVE the sound of it.

nice. i wonder how loud a 3 inch would be without a muffler. and yes mufflers are way to over priced imo

And a sweet pic of my block all ready to roll:
[/QUOTE]

ya knwo what man put a damn 1g rollin down the middle of those and that would be a fat t-shirt

mufflers are like 50$. get a no name ebay n1 cop off, straight thru. I have a megan racing on my car or somethin, 58$ shipped, looks same as n1, sounds great.

thats what i was thinkin abotu doin. but wasnt sure about sound. i hate those raspy sounding mufflers that sound liek ducks gettin beat to hell

Like the shop personally... That road bends sign in the backround is sweet... Very good pics... I've been debating on doing some exhaust side porting on my head while it's in my garage on the floor... Not to sure about touching the intake side cept doing some port matching and deburing... Let us know how it does once you get it all together...

I've had the school bus exhaust for a couple of months now. Everything fits perfect and nothing rubs...I really like it!! Yes its loud, but I like it that way haha. I am also running an external dump hehe.

I don't see a point in spending money on a muffler when really they are just for looks. I'd rather spend that money on other go fast goodies ;)

On a side note - I am not going to produce these for people to buy, it was a one time thing. Cost me around $180 total to make ($70 of that being the SS flex pipe).

StreetThisDSM said:
On a side note - I am not going to produce these for people to buy, it was a one time thing. Cost me around $180 total to make ($70 of that being the SS flex pipe).

OMG

StreetThisDSM said:
I've had the school bus exhaust for a couple of months now. Everything fits perfect and nothing rubs...I really like it!! Yes its loud, but I like it that way haha. I am also running an external dump hehe.

I don't see a point in spending money on a muffler when really they are just for looks. I'd rather spend that money on other go fast goodies ;)

Sounds to me that you have something that You can market for like $225-250 bucks...... I'd buy a turbo back for that... Even though I have the RNR Turbo back enroute It would be nice to go to straight pipe for show off purposes...

terrible said:
Their useless. Atleast in my area. I drive to work every day at 4:30 am and never get a single look from any cops with my exhaust.

I just don't see a point in paying for something you don't want. Especially when that part is about 35% of the total exhaust price from other vendors. On a side not I paid 100$ for my 2 1/2" exhaust :shhh:

Then why do you run exhaust at all? It's only a restriction and sounds like you don't want that either.

autronicDSM said:
Then why do you run exhaust at all? It's only a restriction and sounds like you don't want that either.

I run a full exhaust so that on the street it at least kinda looks like you have an exhaust. And so that open downpipe fumes don't give me a headache everything I drive. With this setup of mine, its not nearly as loud as it is when you just run an open downpipe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back