The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Owner of 90 talon for 16 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deve

Probationary Member
Nov 8, 2015
Youngsville, North_Carolina
Hello,
My name is Eric and I have had a 1990 Talon for about 16 years. 9 of these years she was a lawn ornament.
I have had her back up and running now for about 3 years and have been working on getting her up to speed.
These are the mods done so far:
3 inch exhaust, no cat and a Borla Muffler
Coil overs all around
Stainless Valves in Refreshed head with 3 mm Hydrolic Valve Adjust
wrCometic Head Gasket
Arp hardware top and bottom
3 inch upper Intercooler pipe
2G MAF with FP Turbo inlet pipe with recirculation
EVO 111 GT turbo with High performance MHI rebuild (By G-Pop Shop)
Manual boost controler
EGR valve delete
NPR Pistons and rings 0.020 over with stock rods and arp hardware
King berrings both rod and main
Engine completely rebuilt with new balance shaft berrings and freeze plugs
Emissions delete
ECM link V3
Fuel pump rewire

Sorry my Keyboard just threw up.
Anyway...
I do all of the work myself (Except for the Machine shop work) but I have a friend that has a full shop with 2 lifts and 4 bays that I have 24 hour access to, so I have been able to keep costs way down.
I have a few issues though.
First though I would like to say that I get the majority of my parts here at DSMTuners so thanks to everyone who has helped me out!
Secondly I probably get all of my advise and help from the forums here, so thanks to everyone who contributes.
You guys are GREAT!!!

Well here is an update.
My rebuild got 52 miles before the balance shaft belt took out my Timing Belt! So like I said I get the majority of my parts here on DSMTuners and I needed to buy another engine so thank you to Apachee211 for a Great Engine at a Great Price.
I look forward to putting this one in and finally getting to boost again.

Well here is an update.
My rebuild got 52 miles before the balance shaft belt took out my Timing Belt! So like I said I get the majority of my parts here on DSMTuners and I needed to buy another engine so thank you to Apachee211 for a Great Engine at a Great Price.
I look forward to putting this one in and finally getting to boost again.
what is a used 4g63 complete engine going for$$$$

I paid 1650.00 for long block with turbo .20 over and 4K in receipts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back