The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Overdrive engages on its own

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95GSX_FTW

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 30, 2010
Waukegan, Illinois
Well, exactaly what the title states. Ill be cruising at around 2.5k-3k rpm and the overdrive function engages on its own. Mainly happens at any RPM and at any given time BUT, its constant at around that rpm band. A little history on the car, its a 95 awd, previous owner had a shift box wired to it but removed it before he sold it to me. End clutches have been replaced on this car aswell. Ive checked out the TCU and it appears to be fine. I do own another 95 awd auto(currently not running) and was thinking of swapping out that TCU with the one on this current car. Its really annoying to have it keep going on and off when ever it wants. When i click it manually it does engage on and off. But when its doing it on its own and i press the button for it, it wont turn off. It goes off on its own.

Maybe when he removed the shift box, he screwed up a wire somewhere? Im not sure where to go on from here. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Swapped tcu's and still the same. Anyone got other ideas?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back