The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Overboosting? bad wastegate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcus28504

Proven Member
Dec 4, 2014
Woodinville, Washington
I have a 1996 Eagle Talon Tsi
When ever I get on boost it goes straight to 28psi and Doesn't Drop Until i let off the gas

I hooked up my Internal Wastegate on my EvoIII Big 16g Directly to the J pipe nipple and it still overboosts.
The flapper opens 100% by hand No boost Leaks And 20-22 Vacuum
I pulled the WGA off and the rod itself takes nearly all my strength to open and when it does open it opens at an angle like its bent and it scrapes on the metal surrounding the Base.

Could replacing this fix my problem?

Any Ideas on what could be causing this other than the WGA?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 102
Do you have a manual boost controller? If so take it apart and clean it.The ball may be stuck and not allowing pressure to reach the actuator diaphram. Or if you think the actuator diaphram is bad test it by putting compressed air to it and see if the rod moves.

Take off your boost controller and run the wastegate if it run passes the wastegate spring pressure then it's the wastegate. If not it's the boost controller. Either leak or bad one

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back