The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Out of the closet, my other car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
never really showed off this car from my collection because I wanted respect as a noob when I came to this site. But here it is, me and my buddy parked for a few shots today since it was finally sunny and clear enough for us to drive. The V10 R8 is his, mine of course is the eclipse star car. Much less expensive but fun to drive and breaks necks everywhere I go. People stop and take pictures at least once every time I pull in somewhere. hahaha.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was only 10 years ago

"Dude It's Brain Earl Sponner!"LFAO

Edit: & A car from the Future LOL

Is this even a replica or a real movie car? Everything looks like out of the movie. Rims and even the mirrors are the right ones. I never saw such a detailed F&F eclipse on the streets.

Btw is this the only bodykitted (is this even a word LOL) Eclipse I would drive. Nostalgia everywhere...

The OP stated its the star car. So Im guessing its a original movie car. If its a original movie car KOOL! I would keep in put up to preserve condition.
You never know some asian motorcyle gang might pull up and and machine gun it!!(J/K) I had to say it.

Kool car if its a original all jokes aside.

turbo 420a too. with a stand alone fuel management system to boot!

(just don't use the NOS and blow out your passenger side floor boards)

Both are nice cars. The eclipse would be even nicer if its a turbo model.

It is one of two. The vehicle from the pre-race scene is however housed in the Star cars museum in Gatlinburg, TN. This doppleganger was to tour with Holley a.k.a. producers of NOS (nitrous oxide systems) but arrangments never played out and the vechicle stayed in storage for the better part of 10 years.

It's going to a new home later in the year however, I'm letting it go to the highest bidder at the next Barrett Jackson auction, televised on SPEED channel.

It is a 420a non turbo w/nitrous, and to my knowledge is the only movie outfitted version in the world. Even the Star cars museum version has differen't wheels and various sponsor graphics all over it.

I only made one upgrade to the car over the movie specs. After doing brembo brakes on another eclipse I had a few years ago, I installed the full lancer Evolution brake setup on this car as well. Custom OEM looking widebody front fenders had to be made to accomodate the larger calipers. The movie cars wheels are a discontinued item the offset was non-negotiable.

Overall the car is very cool, and we owe it to that movie for helping increase participation in the very sport we love. I made over $100,000.00 in doing custom visual mods over the last 10 years so I can't comlain about "ricers." haha!

for those who have complaints, I do have the car in my avatar, and it is ready for battle with the 4G63 crowd. :cool:

Sick, i can't wait to see what that's going to sell for at Barrett Jackson.

I wont lie. That terrible movie is a good part of the reason I wanted an eclipse (2g) before I ever knew anything about cars. Now I love my Talons. And yes my gst as well. Even though I really really want a 2gb talon awd.

I wont lie. That terrible movie is a good part of the reason I wanted an eclipse (2g) before I ever knew anything about cars. Now I love my Talons. And yes my gst as well. Even though I really really want a 2gb talon awd.

It was completely the other way around for me haha.

I hated the eclipse after that (thinking that they were all slow as hell and worthless). Then my father said that an old lady he was working for was selling hers. At first I was like :barf::cry:, but then he said it was a convertible and boosted and I was like :D

Now that my ignorance is gone, it is a car that will stay with me as long as I can hold on to it

and we owe it to that movie for helping increase participation in the very sport we love.

Ah yes, so many rice babies saw that movie and started legally racing.
Oh wait..

If the R8 was mine and you parked that thing next to it I'd set you on fire.

So Gotta know Does it really have 6th gear LOL

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/bfrwp7bCfuM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/bfrwp7bCfuM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0&amp;hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Oh an does it really go into "spin out mode" at the top of 6th gear LMFAO

Sorry couldn't help it after this comment
we owe it to that movie for helping increase participation in the very sport we love.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back