The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

OT - Heater Core Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moosh

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 21, 2003
PennsylvaniaUS
Hey all. Sorry this isn't exactly a dsm problem, but I bet a lot of you guys can help me. I am in the process of replacing my mom's Mercury Tracer 1996 heater core. I have the Haynes manual for her car, and it says to remove the instrument panel. The thing I despise about this manual is that its not very specific. I have removed most of the dashboard, and it seems to me that the only way to be able to even get to the bolts holding the heater core in place is by taking the steering wheel off, taking the airbag out, and removing the upper dashboard.

Am I doing somethign wrong?? Please help, thanks!

Moosh

I've not done a Tracer, but I've done other little goddamned bi*** cars like them. My guess is that you're on the right track- can you ask a Merc tech near you and see if they know? (There's a good chance they won't, not many have ever done a heater core.)

undo the steering wheele support bolts and drop the steering colum, then pull your center consle and cap out the undo all your dash bolts and oull the dash as far out as u can without messing up ne wireing,

good luck
heater cored r a BISNATCH

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back