The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Opinions on ECM link install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nek

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
So tomorrow Im going to buy my ecmlink v3 with gm maf setup included used. I will also be spending the day working with my buddy on his 1g at his house which is 1.5 hours away from my house. Do you guys think its ok for me to install my new setup while Im there or you think I should wait to get home. I obviously have no tuning experience and no experience with link so Im thinking I should probably wait but maybe you guys will think differently. Its not the install Im worried about its how the stock tuning will effect my ride home.
Thanks!

I would wait until you get home. Being an hour and a half a way if you can't get it to run right your stuck.

I had no problem driving my car 20 minutes after the install, so long as it was running properly before you install it I dont see why you would have a problem

I am assuming you profile is up to date.
K&N Filter - Ebay Intake - R&R Turbo Back Exhaust 3" - 1g Bov - Fmic Short 3.5" w/ core 2.5" pipes - 16G Ported inlet- -30 30 Mech Boost - Hallman Pro MBC - Ported 2g TB - 3in GM Maf

You are not running anything different than the stock set up besides the gm maf that will effect you ride. The only think that would change from the stock settings, ECMtuning can provide you with them, is the air sensor, you would have to change it from the stock 2g to the gm maf. After that go into the tps adjustment, get everything to the way you want it. (there are tutorials on the knowledge base at ECMtuning.com). When you are done you should be good to go as far as changing specs on ECMlink

You can pm me if you have more questions or need me to clarify what I said.

goodluck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back