The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Oil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zachdeagle16

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2004
coosada, Alabama
I just finished rebuilding my engine i have noticed that my front case is leaking, it's not that bad maybe four or five drops everytime i stop. Should i try an fix it or let it ride, I really want to just let it ride, i just wanted to get some other opinions.

Mine leaks a little, too. I wish it didn't, but I'm not going to tear apart the whole thing to fix a minor annoyance. If it's not dripping on anything important, just let it ride.

If it's as small as your describing, get the car on jack stands, crawl under, wipe everything down, take a drive, at least until the car is warm, go home, turn it off and get under it again and see if you can pinpoint where the leak is coming from.

You really shouldn't let any leak just leak. It could be something major, on it's way out. If you let it go, you could be sorry.

In other words, STOP BEING A LAZY BUM :thumb:

Take a look as said above, ands try just tightining the screws to make sure everything is tight after the engine warmed up the gaskets. If it is just a small leak it may just go away as the gaskets set.
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back