The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil leak question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtec Killer

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2002
LincolnNebraska
This is om a fresh engine with only a few hundred miles(if this post is in the wrong spot please move it )ok heres the deal i had a leak comming from the front cover area i pulled everything off the front of the engine. Belts, pullies, front cover, ect....... and nothing not a drop of oil anywhere i was thinking maybe some of the bolts worked themselfs loose. But everything is tight, even the bolt for the balance shaft ele. kit is still good. Im at a loss the only other thing i can think for would be the front seal? But i dont think that would be the case the engine just has a few hundred miles on it. IDK anyone got any thoughts the oil pan is clean and tight, nothing on the front cover or the oil pump housing. Oil was on the support under the front of the engine but thats the only place. I did have to tighten the oil warning sending unit cause that did work loose. thx

The sensors on the oil filter housing usually leak if your a 90 id u put new crush washers on the oil cooler lines? clean the oil up and run the car with the wheel off on a jack stand. The you can probably seen where its coming from.

well the engine is a 90 but the oil cooler lines are -6 ss lines with russell fittings and the engine is fresh has only a few hundred miles on it. Tomorrow im gonna start it up with out the front dust cover and try to track the leak down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back