1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Oil cooler and temp. data?

Posted by mavericktsi83, Mar 5, 2015

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. mavericktsi83

mavericktsi83 Proven Member

Joined Sep 17, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    I have some questions regarding oil filer housings for a 1g awd 6-bolt. I will be fabing up a full 3” o2/ downpipe for my Turbonetics T3 manifold HY35 setup shortly and I am considering running either a forward facing OFH (Mighty Max) or 1990 OFH. Clearance seems to be better with the FF OFH however, with this car being in the 550 hp range and driven quite hard it may be beneficial to run the 90’ OFH with an air cooler. Does anyone have any oil temperature data with and without a cooler? Thanks.

2. El Cuervo

El Cuervo Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2004
    Omaha, Nebraska
    5 years later.
    Did you ever get to find out any data between running a ffofh without an oil cooler and a 90s ofh with an oil cooler? If so, could you please share? It seems like nobody has posted anything. Maybe nobody knows.
    Thanks man!