The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G OHM Racing - Custom Fuse Box Harness review

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSiAWD666

Supporting Vendor
Aug 15, 2003
Herndon, Virginia
Earlier this year OHM Racing produced a highly customized Fuse Box Harness for my 2g Eclipse race car. I created a short video review of what they produced and thought it might help others understand just what you can get with one of these products.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The major changes here from my OEM harness:
- Lightweight! Smaller wires and lots of deleted circuits that I don't need on my race car like headlights, horns, fan... - Relocated the engine fuse box inside the cabin, which cleans up the engine bay.
- rerouting of the ABS wiring to an interior location because I moved the ABS pump and ECU inside the cabin.
- Simplification in harness routing. It's now "tucked" and fairly hard to see. It no longer makes the large loop around the entire engine like the OEM harness, but rather simply comes out the passenger foot well and branches from there. The wiring also no longer runs above the tires which will prevent damage like what happened with my tire explosion years ago that took out the entire harness (and was a major pain to repair!).

The harness (tried to lay it out like the wires would roughly route in the car, compare to an OEM and this is way simpler):

Fusebox relocation picture (wiring wasn't quite situated in its final home, but you get the idea):

The engine bay (with the fusebox relocated I was able to later put a catch can where it used to be):

I should add that OHM Racing is now a sponsor for my car, so take what I say with a grain of salt. With that said I'm extremely pleased with how this system turned out. It was designed exactly as we discussed with all the aforementioned customizations and worked first time out of the box. Since installation the car's been through one race weekend with zero issues. With any electrical wiring I call that a win, and with how complex a harness like this can be even more so.

Also their attention to detail and communication were top notch. They answered every single question (and I had a ton!), listened to every single concern (I'm very detail oriented and picky), all without any attitude and always promptly and thoroughly, even bending backwards to talk with me outside of business hours.

I highly recommend OHM Racing for anyone out there looking for a custom wiring harness for their street, show, or race cars as you will not be disappointed.

I have 97 GSX hear with OHM engine harness and fuse box relocation.
I've had a difficult time getting ahold of OHM and searched as much as possible.

I have these 2/3 wires on the RH side interior harness and its labeled ALT RLY (see photo below) brown and blue wires and black wire

Then the white connector on the LH side. Has 3 wires going to it but 8 pin connector. Its not labeled

Know where these go?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back