The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

OEM Relay Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbosax2

Nov 19, 2006
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
I would like to find specifications on the following OEM relays. Can anybody point me towards how to do so? I searched Omron's site and found similar parts, but none with the same part numbers. Is there any way to tell from the relay itself what amperage it is rated for, or any other specifications?

I saw no specifications listed in the FSM. I have already emailed Omron - no response yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Still no reply from Omron after several emails. Any input is appreciated.

You know what they say about assuming...

And I'm aware of how they're wired, thanks.

Digging this one up from the dead but it's where I'm at since I'm building a harness currently. I have a DC Power Supply that displays amperage draw and was thinking to finally answer this question I could just run a string old headlight bulbs and add to the run until the relay fried to get an answer. Anyone see fault in this method?

Digging this one up from the dead but it's where I'm at since I'm building a harness currently. I have a DC Power Supply that displays amperage draw and was thinking to finally answer this question I could just run a string old headlight bulbs and add to the run until the relay fried to get an answer. Anyone see fault in this method?

Well why?
Relays are not a circuit protection device like a fuse or circuit breaker is.
A relay just has to survive the initial start up amperage of the load and then constant amperage draw required to maintain the circuit operation.
As long as it can do that and not build heat thru the contacts terminals etc....

You can create a load to melt down a relay (in some fashion) no problem.

The point should be to put a relay in the circuit to it operate reliably.

Maybe I'm missing your point?
If your adding big fuel pumps or fans why not wire the appropriate aftermarket relays to operate them?

Personally I'm in the middle of an entire car rewire and going down to one fuse box so I just want to know for example if IG1 relay can handle 3 or 4 10 amp circuits? I get your point but I was just looking at it in a worse case scenario that if I set up Relay A to run a possible total of 40 amps of pwr will it be OK doing so? I was under the assumption that they would get hot on approaching their max amperage. I guess it really is possibly a dumb thing to put time into when I could just leave a large safety margin and call it a day. We know they should be able to handle a 30 amp peak from some of the loads required of them from factory. Good call Wrencher...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back