The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

obx lsd [Merged 5-7] limited slip phantom grip

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:mad: I am so calling B-S on this thread spreading misinformation is not cool and against the rules. :thumbdown

Over a month and no substantial proof anything remot is being constructed.
The fact that my replies for info went unanswerd for weeks from both parties doesnt help iether. :thumbdown

Misinformation is what got that curious cat killed. :thumbdown

Not a happy camper. :thumbdown

Spend the money on a quaife and be done with it :)

I ran a quaife for a while before converting the car to AWD, it is an amazingly strong piece, it lasted through 6 or 7 transmissions without any damage to it at all

Remember, you get what you pay for

Matt

"Satisfaction is what brought him back"

Im waiting with a good degree of hope....i hope....

I'm very anti-anything but quaife..

It just made my gst a whole different car, amazing handling, etc. I can go on for hours about it, but I'll just leave it at its a bulletproof piece, and well worth whatever they want to charge for it

i heard alot of rumors about obx but i don't think they are taking it serious for the dsm's i have brand new lsd's for your cars and i have been told buy my customers that they could not break it even when they try too and call it "bulletproof"

i know i could say anything because i'm they one selling them
but i can tell you this for sure if you buy my lsd i guarantee your satisfaction
i've been told that my lsd performs aswell as the quaife if not better....

got them ready to go............1 800 843 8349.........thanks,
george martin
a.k.a the :dsm: king!
www.karking.com

Attachments

• LSD.bmp
    131.9 KB · Views: 2,434
Tell us more about this diff you are selling. How is made, what it can hold up too..as in tourqe? Warrentee? $750 isnt a bad price, but i see you are in canada and is that US dollars or Canadian dollars?

I would just like a little more info about it and maybe some testomony before I blindly shell out the coin.

Thanks, Chuck

chefcg1 said:
Tell us more about this diff you are selling. How is made, what it can hold up too..as in tourqe? Warrentee? $750 isnt a bad price, but i see you are in canada and is that US dollars or Canadian dollars?

I would just like a little more info about it and maybe some testomony before I blindly shell out the coin.

Thanks, Chuck

hi chuck first i'd like to let everyone know i'm in southern california "ontario calif." and as far as what this diff can handle theres a couple stealths running in the mid 10's so i think it can handle more then what you can throw at it one of my customers here in upland california "rage performance" jason whitley has a 93 civic in the low 9's with one of our diff's we haven't seen one come back. warrantee is one year but i think the diff will out live us all ??? like i've said in the past we are the same people as
www.kormextrans.com as far as feedback on this diff please have a look at the
www.3si.org and run a search on our sister company kormex transmission parts
also know as "k.t.p"... or feel free to call them for more info on diff
1 800 429 5464 talk to my brother frank martin

again if 3.0l twin turbo 3000gt and stealths getting up to 800hp
aren't harming these diffs i think it's safe to say we have an awesome product....

thanks for the space all...........george martin the :dsm: king! 800 843 8349

Nice product, well if those stealth boys could use them then maybe my talon wont have a problem iether , so how about the king throwing a promo together for us dsmers ?

Maybe a super duper sale like a group buy ?In the vendor section of course.

Let us know what can be done as im always interested in upgrading.

More then a month later and still no word, like I said b.s.

everything I read on the kar king unit sounds very good. Do a group buy and I'm in!!!!!!

For Your Group Buy On These Limited Slip Differentials!!!!

Thanx Kar King as im possotive that we will take advantage of this awsoume deal wich you have given us. :thumb:
:dsm: :talon:

I will be ordering the lsd from karking on friday so expect a full review with pictures and such sometime next week when i get everything else i need for my 6bolt swap

Jay

I orderd the karkig lsd and will be installing it shortly and will do a review on as soon as I can. I will also post some digital pics of the actual unit.
I would like to say that George at karking was great to deal with and I'm looking foward on getting this unit in my car and being able to let all you out there know how it performs.
Thanks, Chuck

Here are some pictures of the kormex LSD from KARKING. Notice that the speedo gear is cast into the unit :thumb:

Attachments

• 100_0351.JPG
    100_0351.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,355
  • 100_0349.JPG
    100_0349.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,374
1320Motorsports said:
I'm very anti-anything but quaife..

It just made my gst a whole different car, amazing handling, etc. I can go on for hours about it, but I'll just leave it at its a bulletproof piece, and well worth whatever they want to charge for it
I agree 110% with that. ^^^^

PS - That KarKing LSD looks really nice. :thumb:

Well the Kormex unit is in and I will do a review of it shortly. I but in a SBR 3500 clutch at the same time so it will be a week or so before I really get on it. I will say my first driving impressions were good. I had no stearing problems at all while going slow and backing up and I can tell it is holding both wheels because I'm used to breaking loose when shifting at moderate RPM's and I'm not now. I will keep you all posted.

Can you succesfully run slicks w/LSD ? Or will that damage my drivetrain?

$750 would defintly be worth it for the traction, looks like a high quality piece as well.

Red95DSM said:
Can you succesfully run slicks w/LSD ? Or will that damage my drivetrain?
IDK, but I'm going to find out. I'm running a Quaife w/ a shep tranny, so I dont think i'll have a problem there. But I'm still worried about the OEM CV shafts. They are brand new, but I still dont trust them. As soon as ny local track opens and I get my car tuned, I'll be out there with a pair of MT's. :thumb:

I dont think I'd want to trust a 10 year old stock tranny while running slicks and an LSD. Seems a little too risky to me. :|

Hey guys, first let me introduce myself.

My name is Michael Holton and I am owner/gm of Phantom Performance in Lubbock,Texas.
I work extremely close with OBX and honestly not sure how this post was started about a dsm LSD as I have not heard of one by OBX yet.

If wanted, I will be more than happy to check on getting this product brought to the market if needed and if interest is there. It does take awhile for these new products to hit the market (around 2-4 months) due to r&d, testing and production.

If this is now an unwanted product and all interest is gone then by all means that is fine as well. Just wanted to extend the offer out there to you.

If you have any questions or comments please post up or email me at [email protected]. You can even hit me up on AIM at Phantomhp.

Thanks,
Mike Holton
Phantom Performance
Owner/GM
phantomhp.com

Out of curiosity, does OBX use prison labor or just underpaid labor? And did they buy one Quaife to copy or steal one off the street (thereby dropping the R&D costs to zero)?

- Jtoby <- who is sick of the advertisements in the non-vendor forums

No, they do not use prison labor or anything like child labor.

Their units that were just manufactured for the neons came from the OBX manuf. plant in france. Labor rates for OBX are cheaper than quaife as well as materials.

OBX did no sort of stealing but their design is extremely similar to the quaife as they are the same material and quaity as the quaife though.

R&D is very important to OBX as many may not belive. When I was trying to get the Dodge Neon LSD's out faster they would not let even 1 unit go until all testing and research was done to make sure the product would not fall apart or break.

Honestly, alot of customer need to get it out of their head that paying more for a product is better. OBX makes a high quality LSD that is holding up to 600hp in hondas and plans to do the same for the neons. OBX just wants to provide quality parts but for less money...I see nothing wrong in that at all. The LSD's also include a lifetime warranty.

I have received many PM's already requesting I still see if this product can be produced so I plan on checking with the GM of OBX to see if we can personally have these made for the dsm owners.

Please, PM me with any requests or comments as I would like to see how many people would still be interested.

Email: [email protected]
AIM: phantomhp

Thanks,
Mike

Phantomhp said:
Their units that were just manufactured for the neons came from the OBX manuf. plant in france.

Maybe it's time for OBX to update their website, because these people don't look French. ;)

- Jtoby

Attachments

• manufacturing.jpg
    manufacturing.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,149
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back