The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

o2 sensor problems...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurkF26

Supporting VIP
Sep 6, 2003
vacaville, California
just some background...

when i first got the car, it had a 6 bolt swap done. everything was all good until i hooked up my pocket logger. i was not getting any voltage off o2 bank 1 but the car still ran fine (except being pig rich). i replaced the o2 sensor with a brand new one. Still have the same problem but now, im getting a o2 sensor circuit CEL and the voltage stays a constant .04v. has anyone else come into contact with this???

i went outside today and looked at the ECU harness. nothing looks damaged and the only things i see that are different is there is a wire comming off the IGN plug that taps into both o2 sensor reading wires and another wire that goes and supplies the shielding along the wires. i even went under the hood while the car was running and unplugged the o2 sensor and it still read a constant .04v.

thanks

Frank

I think that you may have some wirring harness issuses!
first I would remove the splices and sodder the wires back together if they have been cut, and if the wires were freyed cut and rewire them to make sure they can give a clear reading.

i dont know if its suppost to be how it is but it all looks factory done with the ignition wire and other wire all crimped and wrapped nicely. anyone confirm this?

Does your O2 voltage change when you're hitting the gas? Could your CEL be for the rear O2 sensor? The one that plugs in after the catalytic converter (if you have one).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back