The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

O2 Sensor Issues with New Downpipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93RS

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2011
Brandon, South_Dakota
I recently purchased and installed a 3" CxRacing Downpipe. Its kind of a unique downpipe because it incorporates the O2 housing and Downpipe all in one piece. It fits great and looks great but the position of the O2 sensor makes the wires going to the sensor pretty much fold in half and im worried that the wires are going to break apart after numerous hot and cold cycles... My question is: Are there any O2 sensors availible for 1gs that arent as long where the wires actually go into the sensor?

That downpipe is refereed to as an "O2 Eliminator" because it eliminates the need for a factory O2 sensor housing.

While there is only one size of O2 sensor specifically available for a 1g, you could also try to find one from a different car since virtually all O2 sensors use the same thread size. Just make sure it is a narrowband and not a wideband.

Also, I found someone with a similar problem. It seems they had to weld in a new bung and plug the old one to solve it.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/371439-oem-o2-sensor-length.html

Thank you... I guess my only other thoughts other then moving it is getting a universal one.... I just need the "shank" where the wires meet the sensor to be shorter... Its working for now so hopefully it continues and doesnt shit out... It would be a PITA to say the least.

If you ever get DSMlink, it has an O2 simulator so you wouldn't need to run an O2 sensor there.

Although, getting it for specifically that reason is kinda on the pricey side LOL.

My problem is $500 Link isn't feasible for a car that will only ever have bolt on mods. I know it would help but unless I magically find a setup for $200. Ill have the motor out for a refresh next winter ill move the bung, seems to be the only option I've found.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back