The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A NVT350 Rebuild to hold power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much power are you looking to make? There's people pushing over 300whp on a semi-stock trans setup.
My friend james cobo said i can run 12-14 psi on e85 with 550cc injectors and 2 Bar map sensor on stock Ecu on a stock block but he said He goes though a lot of transmissions and I been wondering what can i do to it to make it last daily abuse

You'll snap a rod before you break the transmission.
or break off the ring lands.

i would't trust what your freind is saying. there is no way you can you a 2bar map sensor on a sotck ecu. If the stock ecu sees any positive pressure it will cut fuel. thats why you need to clamp the voltage from the map sensor when you have a turbo. I think 4.6v is the upper limit.
a 2bar would probably have a 0-5v scale so if you clamped it like a stock sensor it wouldn't cut fuel. But the signal to the ecu would be completly wrong for the tables the ecu uses.
your not gonna be able to run e-85 on a stock ecu either
You could probably get by with a piggy-back ecu or something like that.

i did a quick search and there is a nvt-350hd. you would probably need to swap the bell housing and the arms the shift cables attach to (i can t think of the proper name for them)

Last edited:
You'll snap a rod before you break the transmission.
He has been daily driving his 420a with reused gasket stock everything out of a pile of old 420a parts and aslong as u relocate keep it between 12-14 u are good to go it should be around 260-280hp he just breaks transmission over transmission he states

i would't trust what your freind is saying. there is no way you can you a 2bar map sensor on a sotck ecu. If the stock ecu sees any positive pressure it will cut fuel. thats why you need to clamp the voltage from the map sensor when you have a turbo. I think 4.6v is the upper limit.
a 2bar would probably have a 0-5v scale so if you clamped it like a stock sensor it wouldn't cut fuel. But the signal to the ecu would be completly wrong for the tables the ecu uses.

i did a quick search and there is a nvt-350hd. you would probably need to swap the bell housing and the arms the shift cables attach to (i can t think of the proper name for them)
Alot of the turbo dodge guys do it u should search him up on fb and he shows how 95-97 ecu work good and have better drivability when pair with 2 bar and 3 bar map sensor also on youtube u can search it up and find them

The HD case doesn’t crack like the normal nvt from what i been finding and wpc treatment to the gears case and many more components will really increase the strength of it from what motoiq has posted

If he does it, good for him. But I'd never consider boosting an internally stock 420a in the first place, but if I did I would have a standalone ecu with forged internals.
Yea everyone else has there own options and ways of doing things But for now i would stay stock save up for ms2 or ms3 learn the software than build engine and turbo but i wanted to know what i could do for building up the nvt350 but seems like just a standard rebuild kit hd case and mpx lsd is all there is thanks for the replys

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back