The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Not that anyone cares..But i've ALMOST got my BOOST!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There is the finished product!! I hope you guys like!!

Josh

Attachments

• EVERYTHING COMPLETE!!.JPG
    EVERYTHING COMPLETE!!.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 175
DSMcrazy3 said:
It's on!! Well I finally got everything running! Unfortunantly I only got 2 PSI, but it was something!! I love the way that turbo sounded spooling up like that! haha! Unfortunantly I have another problem though. All of the oil leaked out somehow, the puddle forms underneath the passenger side where the filter is. When my friend and I got under the car we had a filter wrench and we tightened the filter another whole turn, without too much resistance...Do you think that could have been enough to allow oil to spew out?? I tightened all of the bolts for the pan as tight as I could get them before I thought they would break. I'm alittle worried about this prob. but anxious to get it fixed so I can hear that beautiful sound some more!! haha! any help is appreciated!

Thanks again for all your help!
Josh

Now to change the profile :sneaky:
Josh - Did you get that oil leak fixed yet? If not, go ahead and fill it with oil. Then prop up the front end on jack stands and start it up. You have to try to see where it leaking from before you know what to fix. It could be the oil drain line; it could be alot of things.

No I haven't had a chance to look at the leak yet, hopefully either tonight, or tomorrow morning i'll be able to put more oil in it and have a look. I looked at the oil return, where it attatches to the pan when I started the car again last night, but nothing came out, but I think all of my oil had already leaked out. Today i'll buy a new fitting for it and see what happens..Wish me luck

Josh

hey man congrats, if your going to put on a new fitting just save you some worry and time and get the brass fitting braized into the pan. If you think 2 is awesome wait until you get to 8 it is simply amazing. Also be prepared to say good bye to your good gas mileage. Again congrats on boosting and have fun and enjoy it!!
Andy

Well, today I found the oil leak, I filled it with oil, and when i looked under the car it was already leaking...Come to find out it's the drain flange, wasn't a good seal. I just left the pan off, tomorrow i'm going to buy a nut and take it and have it welded on and have the holes welded shut so I should be boosting happily after tomorrow :) Minus the boost leak I have to find LoL...man...I still love the turbo so far though!!

Wish me some more luck!
Josh

DSMcrazy3 said:
It's on!! Well I finally got everything running! Unfortunantly I only got 2 PSI, but it was something!! I love the way that turbo sounded spooling up like that! haha! Unfortunantly I have another problem though. All of the oil leaked out somehow, the puddle forms underneath the passenger side where the filter is. When my friend and I got under the car we had a filter wrench and we tightened the filter another whole turn, without too much resistance...Do you think that could have been enough to allow oil to spew out?? I tightened all of the bolts for the pan as tight as I could get them before I thought they would break. I'm alittle worried about this prob. but anxious to get it fixed so I can hear that beautiful sound some more!! haha! any help is appreciated!

Thanks again for all your help!
Josh

Now to change the profile :sneaky:
are you runing a safc and if so how did you hook it up I see you have a 95 also no body has a wright up for a 95
:thumb:

I see in the pic that you have your valve cover breather line going to the upper intercooler pipe, that pipe is no longer your intake and IT WILL pressurize the crankcase :shhh:

::beware of flying dipstick during boost:: :rocks:

otherwise looks great man :thumb:

XMasta19 said:
I see in the pic that you have your valve cover breather line going to the upper intercooler pipe, that pipe is no longer your intake and IT WILL pressurize the crankcase :shhh:

::beware of flying dipstick during boost:: :rocks:

otherwise looks great man :thumb:

Yes do fix that with at least a breather from autozone or something $20 tops.
You can hook up an oil catch can later.

Yeah, at least you guys can pick one up wherever you want...every parts store I've been to up here doesn't carry them :( Alaska rules!!!

I do have a breather, I will put that on as soon as I get another tiny clamp, to cap the nipple off of the intake pipe :thumb: thanks..Do you guys know how much of an effect having an open downpipe is on turbo?

Thanks again,
Josh

DSMcrazy3 said:
Do you guys know how much of an effect having an open downpipe is on turbo?
Your car will be much louder, and you'll hear your turbo spool more too :cool:

DSMcrazy3 said:
When I stomp on it, my boost gauge doesn't 0 out...it goes to 10 Vac..Any ideas as to what the prob could be??
So your boost gauge doesn't even read any boost at all?

Ok I am definitely GETTING boost, but just my gauge isn't reading any, like I said 20 Vac. at idle, when i floor it, it goes to 10 vac. and climbs from there...Today it was climbing pretty fast, but I never got past 0, probably to 2..and last night a GS-T and I mingled, and I definitely ended up in front of him...hehe(just to prove I AM getting some boost)

Josh

weird. I have lower compression and cams, so I vac at 15. but the second I hit the gas I zero out and get boost.

Where did you hook the boost gauge too? It should go directly to the manifold, nowhere else.

I feel boost, only sometime though. Like how I said the gauge goes to 10 then slowly climbs...Well sometimes it doesn't even go past 9, and I really feel nothing, but when it gets near 0, the time from 10, until 0 I know i'm boosting, I just don't know how much.

Josh

No i'm not 100 percent sure of that, the pressure is coming from the compressor housing.. There is an elbow coming out of it that a hose is connected to.

Josh

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back