The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
weird noise comeing from back part of engine. sounds like a electical spark kinda speeds up as you rev. just started and is getting louder any ideas?

did u check ur spark plug wires? i had the same noise an my plug came disconnected at the intake mani an was sparking toward the wire

i looked at all the spark plugs wires and all are on tight. i also looked at the motor in the dark while it was running and i couldnt see any sparks and like before im still clue less. any more ideas

Did you figure out the problem? I am having the same problem and am having a hell of a time searching for this.

Try replacing the coilpacks there ae 2 side by side.

Don't recommend someone to replace a part to try and fix a problem without first testing anything.

Did you figure out the problem? I am having the same problem and am having a hell of a time searching for this.

Post a video, it is 100 percent impossible to diagnose a noise without at least hearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back