The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Noise coming from strut assembly. VIDEOS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommiman

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2004
Vaughan, Ontario_Canada

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 258
Go to parts store. Tell them to give you an upper strut mount. If you have the money its best to go ahead and eplace both sides, and replace struts also unless they have already been replaced or are of good quality. thin take it in for an alignment.

You guys sure it's not a worn out bushing or two?

That sounds like your rubber isolator (40146) in your picture above has totally disintegrated and making the top part of the spring hit the lower part of the strut mount which is causing that sound.

Top to bottom the parts are:
- Nut 40286C
- Washer disc 40299B
- Upper strut mount bushing 40278B
- Strut mount 40418
- Some kind of silver shiny spacer rod with a hole in it 40281
- Rubber isolator 40146
- Lower strut mount bushing 40278C
- bump stop cap 40434
- bump stop 40435
- dust cap 40436C
- spring 40176
- shock

can some one tell me where to get part # 40434... nd ### the hell it is??? i just replaceed my rear strurs nd they keep comin thru the trunk nd im guess thats y

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back