The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G no fuel level sender signal to gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonFULLtune

Proven Member
Jan 15, 2013
three churches, West_Virginia
wanted to know how common the fuel gauges in the 1gs go bad. seems like that's where im at. the wire is not grounded any where. im pretty sure the yellow wire is the sender wire correct? does anybody know how many ohms i should be getting from it.

so around 3 ohms full and around 110 ohms empty? should i ground to the ground wire or chassis probly doesn't make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1413941209][/DOUBLEPOST]Brian have another ? you would know does anybody make a battery relocate kit

Last edited:
For the sending unit, those are the correct specs. The procedure suggests using the ground terminal wire, but it shouldn't matter.

For the gauge itself, there are three terminal posts on the back of the gauge cluster; they are arranged in an inverted triangular pattern. Looking at the back of the gauge cluster, between the upper right post and the lower post, there should measure approximately 230 ohms. Between the two top terminal posts, there should be approximately 102 ohms. Between the upper left post and the lower post, there should also be 102 ohms.

thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back