The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

nitrous ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14.5 drift

Banned Member
Feb 25, 2004
o.c., California
Soon I will be running the big 16 and I hear it is a laggy turbo, 3300 full spool. Two things happening I have an automatic and an all wheel drive. I dont want to torque brake and ruin my trans so I think I want to run a 50 - 75 shot. Hers the deal I dont want to run nitrous on top of the boost. Is there any way to wire up the nitrous so that if I ever at any time press down at WOT the 50 shot would be activated and then phase out when I have around 5 psi. The idea with the phase and what not is to keep the powerband feeling linear. I dont want the car to be jerky and speratic, I want it to be well mannered hp monster. I under stand some stand alone setups can select boost at every second in the rpm band, and would there be a way to do that with the nos? I hope I made it clear what i am tryen to do. Thanks extreme teckies.

Soon I will be running the big 16 and I hear it is a laggy turbo, 3300 full spool

:laugh: .... man you got a lot to learn than about turbo's :p Its not laggy trust me. Most auto's will respond a tad slower as you cannot use the rev advantage to spool faster.

Two things happening I have an automatic and an all wheel drive. I dont want to torque brake and ruin my trans so I think I want to run a 50 - 75 shot

Two things happening here too... 1) its really not a horrible thing to do to the tranny. Don't do it for to long (more than 15seconds or so) and DO NOT do it repetitively... let it cool a LONG while before you do it again. OR-- build up that auto tranny, thre are lots of options for ya
2) drag racing is not easy on anything...nitrous included

Hers the deal I dont want to run nitrous on top of the boost

Why the heck not? Its to bad more do not use it... Its not a question of the motor handling it (because it can if its in solid shape), its abotu how you use/tune with it. Nitrous works VERY well with boost as it ALSO cools the charge a LOT better than any intercooler can.

Is there any way to wire up the nitrous so that if I ever at any time press down at WOT the 50 shot would be activated and then phase out when I have around 5 psi. The idea with the phase and what not is to keep the powerband feeling linear. I dont want the car to be jerky and speratic, I want it to be well mannered hp monster

Check this out, because you sure can www.zex.com

:laugh: .... man you got a lot to learn than about turbo's :p Its not laggy trust me. Most auto's will respond a tad slower as you cannot use the rev advantage to spool faster.
Yes, Yes I do. But about the lag, I feel like my t25 is laggy. I would only imagine that the big 16 would only have more...
Two things happening here too... 1) its really not a horrible thing to do to the tranny. Don't do it for to long (more than 15seconds or so) and DO NOT do it repetitively... let it cool a LONG while before you do it again. OR-- build up that auto tranny, thre are lots of options for ya
I dont think I will risk it. I will be putting a shift kit and a large tranny cooler that is it though. I have tried to get spool off my T25 and nothing happened so i figure I will just use a small n shot to get me off the line...
Why the heck not? Its to bad more do not use it... Its not a question of the motor handling it (because it can if its in solid shape), its abotu how you use/tune with it. Nitrous works VERY well with boost as it ALSO cools the charge a LOT better than any intercooler can.
This way I dont have to spend alot of money on n2o, boost is ever lasting, that and I dont want a rediculously fast car. I would like to see it some where in the 12's and then just make it very streetable. Ive been in some fast cars like a turbo h22 hatch but the thing was loud, unpredictable, and unreliable. Not my bag.

Hey candela, is there some place with more info about the zex kit, there was little to no information about how there kit worked. I need to know more about the computer integration. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back