The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G new trans from IPT... wrong plug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enriquez2000

Proven Member
Oct 5, 2014
fort collins, Colorado
John sent me a new trans but it looks like the connectors on the trans all match up except for one of them... My current trans has a 2 prong connector in place of where his is a 3.... is this an easy fix? or am I going to be pulling the valve body to fix this?

Is there anything different with the other connectors that I should know? They all seem to match up besides the one

Here are the 2 different plugs.. my engine harness needs the 2 wire like my old trans

Im not sure what they are. I believe solenoid wiring? Im not a trans guy and could seem to find a pic telling me

Attachments

• 20191019_111542.jpg
    20191019_111542.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 20191019_111515.jpg
    20191019_111515.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 116
this picture is the wiring Im trying to figure out... I thought solenoids but I have an old valve body in the shed and its a 4 prong(with one truncated) which is the same as both of the other trans...

SO I just need to know what this goes to so that I can see if I can just do a quick rewiring...

Attachments

• trans.png
    trans.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 99
Googled "IPT transmission wiring DSM" and got this. Post #5 seems to answer the questions you have.
Mine new one has wiring in it instead of that brass plug mentioned... looks like ill open it up as id like to keep the dummy light

Ok so to summarize the solution....

This is an oil temp sensor. 3 wire comes off older models and 2 wire is newer(apparently 93 and up)

You have to drop pan and filter and unbolt from the valve body to replace...

Not too bad if your trans is already empty

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back