The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G New to the dsm game need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Villa

Probationary Member
Oct 13, 2016
Gervais, Oregon
Hi I'm new to the dsm game I have a 90 eagle talon tsi awd I'm trying to put a 92 tsi awd long block on my car what would I need for this?

Nothing special, just make sure you use all the 90 sensors that are specific to the 90 ecu. Other than that it will be a direct swap. @19Eclipse90 can state the differences of the two better than me.
Longblock will drop right in. Electronics are different. From the top of my head the power transistor and coil packs are different. The cam angle sensor might also be different.
Thank you guys I have a newer black top CAS on my car bought the harness for the conversion and it ran good on the stock motor. But I'll have to use my 90 engine harness? The 92 is different?

If you want to use the 92 harness you can but they are similar enough that it is not necessary. I believe its pin 14 and 6 swap to use a 92 ecu in a 90. They easiest solution would be to use the 90 ecu and harness and convert/use the necessary sensors. Since you already have the 90 motor and it was running then you should already have the necessary sensors to make the swap simple.
Helpful link
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/1991-1994-ecu-swap-into-a-1990-dsm-ignition-wiring.302812/ this has some helpful pictures

Thank you guys much appreciated all I've ever owned are Hondas and Acuras trying something new but I really like the 1GA body style if I get this car running again I'm sure I'll forget all about the Hondas. Lol

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back