1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G New to the Community, 1st time DSM owner

Posted by Draxomulus, Feb 17, 2020

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
  1. Draxomulus

Draxomulus Probationary Member

Joined Feb 17, 2020
    Rocky Ridge, Maryland
    I picked up my 1998 Eclipse 2.0l (420a), 5 speed manual (NV-T350) a few years ago. It came home with me on a trailer and in numerous boxes of parts. I also found a 1997 a couple of months later that had been rear-ended and picked it up for nearly nothing to use as a parts car. Several trips to the salvage yard, 2 deliveries from Rockauto.com and I finally had her road worthy. Shortly after, the brakelight switch went bad. A trip to the parts store left me scratching my head when I had to back up to 1996 to find the correct switch. It was a fun little car, although I have to admit that my 1985 Mazda Rx7 GSL is still my favorite to drive... it just handles the curves better. The Eclipse is fairly stock. I've only installed a 1000 watt amp and subwoofer box and a carbon fiber hood. My goal has been nothing more than to keep it stock and keep it running. I've managed to keep it stock-- not currently running.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020

Street Build 129  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Good to see you here, do you have any pictures of the car? be sure to fill out your vehicle profile for everyone.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Draxomulus

Joined Feb 17, 2020
    Rocky Ridge, Maryland
    20180501_101448.jpg
    I thought I had already posted a photo and filled out my vehicle profile. Here is my 1998 Eclipse GS. I'll redo my vehicle profile again this evening.

Street Build 129  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Widgmaster

Widgmaster Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 24, 2018
    Sarnia, ON, Canada
    Welcome to the site . I see you got a bit of sun damage on the roof .. Easy to fix. A little wet sanding to get rid of the scale and then re-clear coat the area. Worked like a charm on my Dakota .

Damaged clear coat.jpg Repaired clear coat.jpg

54  1

2002 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

197  8

2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT
    fwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
    Draxomulus likes this.
  5. spoolnmotorsports

spoolnmotorsports Probationary Member

Joined Feb 12, 2020
    Towson, Maryland
    Welcome!

Draxomulus likes this.
  6. Draxomulus

Joined Feb 17, 2020
    Rocky Ridge, Maryland
    Yeah, the sun damage is there. It's pretty bad on the ends of the spoiler as well. I've got some pretty nasty rust on my sunroof frame. Just picked up a decent one with no rust, and I figured I'd fix the paint while I have the sunroof out.

Street Build 129  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. Draxomulus

Joined Feb 17, 2020
    Rocky Ridge, Maryland
    Thank you.

Street Build 129  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. Draxomulus

Joined Feb 17, 2020
    Rocky Ridge, Maryland
    That's a sharp looking truck. I hope I'll be able to match my color as well as you did.

Street Build 129  1

fwd · manual · 2G DSM