The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

New to DSM's and still dont have a running dsm

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbiker76

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Whats up guys? Im Connor and I am only 18 but I have been around cars or gokarts and similar stuff since I was about 8. I bought my first dsm back in november not running but it was clean and had all paperwork for all new internals and a rebuilt motor. Trailored it home and did some minor rewiring with the battery and making sure stuff was hooked up right in the begining and then found out there was some stuff that was way over my hea and sent it to a shop.

Figured the shop was a good idea there was a guy that had abuilt dsm working on it so i trusted him. Turns out that was a terrible idea. He didnt put a sensor or a plug in what I believe is where the cam sensor should be and it lost oil and now theres a knock. UNfortunately I did not check evrything thoroughly before I left the shop so its partly my fault. :ohdamn:

So now its at the shop again and I dont think they are going to back their work up so Im not sure what Im gonna do. I have made a few contacts in the area that may be able to help me out if it comes down to me figuring out everything myself.
Ive been relatively quitly lurking and learning for the last few months and finally decided I should throwsomething up so you guys can get to know me aa little. Also so I can throw the name of the shop up that didnt do very good work for me. It was Illinois Dyno Shop in Port Byron, Illinois. You guys have beeen an awesome help and I did fall in love with my car so I will be keeping it.

If you have the paperwork take it back, they obviously didn't do their job right what so ever you payed for him to do a rebuild and he obviously half assed it.

On another note, welcome and I hope everything works out for you to get a running dsm

It was rebuilt in Green Bay I live 5 and a hald hours from there and the rebuild wasnt the problem it was the guy at illinois dyno not putting the plug in the cam sensor spot. Atleast I believe thats what the spot is called. I took it back to the shop 3 days after I drove it home and they are telling me it wasnt their fault.

Hey welcome to the site man. Id suggest taking the car to strictly modified in schaumburg. Good rep good service great guys. Sorry to hear about the car though. Hope you get everything worked out.

Welcome. Some shops can be shady and give you the run around. Only trust myself for that reason. Hope you get her up and running soon!

Yeah I'm gonna fogure out and learn to do everything myself cause this shop has been giving me the run around for 2 weeks since the engine started knocking and they haven't done anything. Thanks for all the advice guys I'm hopin to get it back running pretty soon!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back